How to tell if you're eligible for AT&T's iPhone 4 upgrade pricing

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    Whatever criteria they're using to determine upgrade dates doesn't make sense. Myself and two friends all bought 3gs in September 2009. I'm on a family plan with 5 lines and an expensive phone bill. When I call *369# it says "a full discount on a standard headset or iphone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 5/3/2011. We can offer you a discounted iphone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please visit a participating iphone sales location for pricing on this offer." Both of my co-workers are on a family plan with 2 iphones per plan. When they call *369 it says "As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade iwth a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee."

We all bought the same month and my account has been open since 2001. Doesn't make sense! The 5/3/3011 date isn't even 6 months before my contract is up, it's only 4 months. I'm going to email AT&T.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    I dont want to keep beating this here dead horse but I want to be absolutely clear on my current situation. I opened my att line on my sisters account in jan '10. she also upgraded to a 3gs then too. our bill is currently over 140 dollars a month. i dialed to *639# and it says i am eligible for an early iphone upgrade with a 2 yr commitment and 18 upgrade fee and that discounts with any other handsets wont be available until 2011. Does it look like im getting the 199/299 pricing?
  • Reply 63 of 64
    jonsmindjonsmind Posts: 6member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by itsamichael View Post

I dont want to keep beating this here dead horse but I want to be absolutely clear on my current situation. I opened my att line on my sisters account in jan '10. she also upgraded to a 3gs then too. our bill is currently over 140 dollars a month. i dialed to *639# and it says i am eligible for an early iphone upgrade with a 2 yr commitment and 18 upgrade fee and that discounts with any other handsets wont be available until 2011. Does it look like im getting the 199/299 pricing?

No! You're eligible for the 399/499 pricing.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    If you really want to check the price of your upgrade for the iPhone,

Go to your AT&T Wireless Account, and Look over the "Quick Links" and click the "upgrade options".

Place a check in the check box that corresponds to your number/phone, and click "Upgrade Select Lines".

If the upgrade price for the iPhone 3GS 32GB shows as $199, you will get the iPhone 4 16GB for $199.

Else, if the upgrade price for the iPhone 3GS 32GB shows as $399, you are out of luck.

Hope this will help.

By the way, I got my iPhone 3GS last July and I am eligible for the $199 or $299 price for the iPhone 4.