Do Frenchies actually BUY this crap?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Well, like with many other incomprehensible events (Pearl Harbor, JFK, Moon Landing UFO's, Panama, et al) there will always be these basement dwelling jerk-offs writing their own version of things.

French or not...they are idiots most of the time. Most of the time...if anyone really knew what Bush Sr. did to just "arrest and capture" Noriega...<a href="http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/1993/02/02-25-93tdc/02-25-93dops-column2.asp"; target="_blank">you are seriously wrong</a>.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    [quote]Originally posted by powerdoc:

<strong>

What is libel law ?

I am not a lawyer so i will have problems to said if the law permit or not to make false statement, i think the limit deals with diffamation rather than insane theory.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Libel is intentionally telling a lie about someone knowing that it will affect them badly in their life. If I know that you don't have sex with dogs and print something that says you do, I can be sued by you for libel
  • Reply 23 of 27
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Of course they buy this crap. Who cares?

On another note, I've been hearing for years many anti-American rants from the French. I'm sure there is a reason for this. Anybody want to tell me the reasons why...
  • Reply 24 of 27
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I chalk it up to the main reasons people feel hate: ignorance and jealousy.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by sc_markt:

<strong>Of course they buy this crap. Who cares?

On another note, I've been hearing for years many anti-American rants from the French. I'm sure there is a reason for this. Anybody want to tell me the reasons why...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you live in France ?, more than 95 % of the french ignore the existence of this book and this "stupid" theory. If Groverat does not show me this link i'll still ignore this conspiracy theory.Personally i try to get informed as much as i can (even if i prefer TV and radio ) but i will never loose my money and my time to read such crappy book.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Today i read in my regional newspaper " la montagne" an article about this book.

In the preliminar they said that in the beginning they decided to do not talk of this book in order to not promote it.

This book have been promoted in a TV emission ruled by Thierry Ardisson a TV presentator well known for his taste for polemic and provocation.

By the way with the help of this emission (but not the news on TV that's why i did not ear of it in France since today) he sales a huge number of this books.

considering the sucess of this conspiracy book, as a strange phenomena the dayly La montagne decide to report it.

They said that the book was full of contradiction, imprecision and that the statement that no plane crashed on the PENTAGONE was insane and totally dumbThey said also that there was some good questions in it, but unfortunately this book act as a troll : he is so ridiculous that nobody will ask some question about this tragedy after it's release (it will a shame to take arguments from this book)

The author is near the french greens (ecologists). In France the majority of the greens are belonging to the left.

For this kind of people , the capitalism is a bad thing so they have to find good reasons to deny it : they can hardly deny the economic success of USA so they try to invent some craps about an evil governement rule by the CIA etc and all that kind of crap. So with the reasons of Jealousy and ignorance you can add ideology blindness as a cause of US hate.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Thanks for the update, powerdoc.