iPhone 4 preorders rumored to involve another AT&T security breach

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 40
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    I call bullshit on this, wait let me go photoshop something up with steve jobs name on it! Of course then I can sell it to gizmo and then you guys can all post it like it's news!
  • Reply 22 of 40
    aiaddictaiaddict Posts: 487member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post


    every company should respond to a problem like apple and that includes bp.



    Are you suggesting BP should find a different way to screw up a new oil well every year?
  • Reply 23 of 40
    normangnormang Posts: 116member
    Quote:

    Something major has brought down the order process for the new iPhones. It may all be linked to a problem with AT&T not being able to confirm that I am qualified for an update. It may well be that ordering a phone for a new customer might proceed online.



    John



    The major problem is thousands or perhaps millions of people wanting to pre-order all on the same day.
  • Reply 24 of 40
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by appler0x View Post


    Oh so true. Anything, whether it's an issue with Foxconn, AT&T, etc., is always highly publicized for Apple's association with them. Usually Apple has nothing to do with it on their end, but everyone gets on their high horses about it and blames Apple. The Foxconn issues especially -- Dell and a slew of other big name tech companies use them for manufacturing, yet Apple's name was the only one thrown out there by big media.



    Isn't the reverse also true? Aren't there people defending AT&T and trashing other carriers because AT&T has the iPhone?
  • Reply 25 of 40
    8corewhore8corewhore Posts: 833member
    My guess is Gizmodo's legal defense is to become a PR nightmare for Apple in the hopes Apple will back down on future legal actions. Gizmodo is making another grave error.
  • Reply 26 of 40
    swiftswift Posts: 436member
    Isn't it clear that they're blowing up every single story they get into the worst possible blame for Apple? There was Goatse security, for instance, that shopped their story all around, and finally got Gawker to publish it. Then AT&T accuses them of being hackers -- publicized by Gizmodo -- and now all hell breaks loose on the launch day? Hmm?



    I'm not saying that Mr. Greene didn't win that Democratic Primary, but, uh, it's getting to be a little suspicious.
  • Reply 27 of 40
    anfboymnanfboymn Posts: 32member
    You people have ADD; read the article and stay on topic! I know I'm new to this place but isn't that some sort of rule? The article is about people signing into their AT&T wireless account online and other people's information is being displayed! No matter what the cause, AT&T has severe privacy issues they need to sort out. I signed in and suddenly became Robert from Indiana! That's very, very incorrect!
  • Reply 28 of 40
    kpluckkpluck Posts: 500member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anfboymn View Post


    This actually happened to me today so I know it's for real. I logged on about 11:30am to check my upgrade eligibility status. I logged in, saw all of our 5 phones, selected mine, and then clicked to check my eligibility and waited about 45 seconds for the page to load. I knew it'd be slow because of the huge amount of traffic, but was shocked to see I was now logged in as a Robert from Indiana! I also saw he was a part of the Delphi Sponsorship, which is way different than mine. I was alarmed so I wrote down his full name, sponsorship, and city, state, zip, logged out and called AT&T. I notified the Customer Service Rep and she sounded genuinely alarmed and said she was going to go to her Supervisor's desk and escalate this to the proper group. Very interesting and quite scary.



    I believe everyone with a post count of less than 10 is having the issue. Very odd.



    -kpluck
  • Reply 29 of 40
    anfboymnanfboymn Posts: 32member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpluck View Post


    I believe everyone with a post count of less than 10 is having the issue. Very odd.



    -kpluck



    Dude, I swear on my life and you have your God-given right to not believe me, but you are 100% wrong.
  • Reply 30 of 40
    coolcatcoolcat Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post


    You got that headline completely wrong.



    The MSM will be crowing: 'Apple iPhone 4 preorders from Apple customers involve another Apple security breach... Did we mention it's Apple?'



    It is NOT APPLE'S F*CKING SECURITY BREACH A-HOLE....It's fracking AT&T dumbass
  • Reply 31 of 40
    shobizshobiz Posts: 207member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolcat View Post


    It is NOT APPLE'S F*CKING SECURITY BREACH A-HOLE....It's fracking AT&T dumbass





    You have actual proof of this?



    I am not saying it is either say, but you are...
  • Reply 32 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolcat View Post


    It is NOT APPLE'S F*CKING SECURITY BREACH A-HOLE....It's fracking AT&T dumbass



    Boy did YOU miss the point of his post! LOL 180 degrees off dude.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    masternavmasternav Posts: 442member
    I guess this will be less than helpful, but earlier today I downloaded the Apple Store app, signed on reserved my iPhone 4 in less than 10 minutes.









    However that followed a day of checking status and locking up - which is basically what I anticipated. The new app was a surprise and delight tho... I was me, and not Robert from Indiana - I understand several people were Robert from Indiana, but I don't swing with that crowd.

  • Reply 34 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swift View Post


    Isn't it clear that they're blowing up every single story they get into the worst possible blame for Apple? There was Goatse security, for instance, that shopped their story all around, and finally got Gawker to publish it. Then AT&T accuses them of being hackers -- publicized by Gizmodo -- and now all hell breaks loose on the launch day? Hmm?



    I'm not saying that Mr. Greene didn't win that Democratic Primary, but, uh, it's getting to be a little suspicious.



    I too agree that something is odd about all this. But i found particular comedy in your Alvin Greene reference... that situation has me LOLing out of control.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    shobizshobiz Posts: 207member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by radster360 View Post


    I haven't been successful either. I tried it from Apple and also from AT&T site. If I was Apple, I would remove the dependency on checking eligibility using AT&T. They should continue taking pre-order for the phone on their site. They should just pile up the request and than validate against the AT&T system once they have fixed their problem. In this case, Apple is looking bad also.





    Don't beleive it was (just) an issue at AT&T since I could not get other things from Apple yesterday due to what I was told were network and server issues at Apple. Since I am not Gawker this is mostly BS though right?
  • Reply 36 of 40
    Interestingly enough, Gizmodo is the only media outlet reporting on this.



    All of their AT&T stories are accompanied by a graphic of Apple and AT&T's logos bursting into flames too.



    If you just read their articles and their fanbase, it's clear they have an anti-Apple bias, and why, I'll never know.
  • Reply 37 of 40
    yakingyaking Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by casmith07 View Post


    Interestingly enough, Gizmodo is the only media outlet reporting on this.



    All of their AT&T stories are accompanied by a graphic of Apple and AT&T's logos bursting into flames too.



    If you just read their articles and their fanbase, it's clear they have an anti-Apple bias, and why, I'll never know.



    It is for real. I've been dealing with this issue for years starting with Apple. For some unknown reason, Apple transferred all of my business and personal purchases to another user and locked my account. TO THIS DAY, Apple has not been able to correct this.



    Also, I have received suspicious emails directly from Apple's sub-domains (Apple corporate verified this).



    Then, we had this little iPhone snafu where my account is listed with someone in Florida.



    ON TOP OF THIS, at the same time of the iPhone awesome-ness, I just had my PayPal account breached. Since there was a common password, I'm sure this is how it happened since the purchases were linked to a Florida business video game address.



    I would start changing passwords and verifying ownership everybody.



    BTW, Apple STILL won't correct all of the wrong account names, only the addresses.
  • Reply 38 of 40
    estyleestyle Posts: 201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yaking View Post


    It is for real. I've been dealing with this issue for years starting with Apple.



    ...



    and just now you amazingly decided to share this with us
  • Reply 39 of 40
    yakingyaking Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by estyle View Post


    ...



    and just now you amazingly decided to share this with us



    That's what I absolutely hate about trying to help others. I'm not a forum troll whatsoever. And when I make a post about a serious issue so others might benefit I get shot down.



    This has happened time and again with many forums. I see someone is having the same issue as me after a google search, they get picked on, I back up the information with my personal experience and then someone like yourself has nothing kind to say. Or even better, I'm told that "it can't be true since it didn't happen to me".



    <sigh>



    Let the flame wars begin... I guess I deserve them. I'll still leave my post up so maybe others don't get their bank accounts drained.......
  • Reply 40 of 40
    estyleestyle Posts: 201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yaking View Post


    That's what I absolutely hate about trying to help others. I'm not a forum troll whatsoever. And when I make a post about a serious issue so others might benefit I get shot down.



    This has happened time and again with many forums. I see someone is having the same issue as me after a google search, they get picked on, I back up the information with my personal experience and then someone like yourself has nothing kind to say. Or even better, I'm told that "it can't be true since it didn't happen to me".



    <sigh>



    Let the flame wars begin... I guess I deserve them. I'll still leave my post up so maybe others don't get their bank accounts drained.......



    you missed my point.



    i am teasing you.



    Warnings are more appreciated when you first encouter the problem, not after years of experience it, when that many more people have suffered from your silence.



    let us celebrate you joining the forum family and my 100th post.



    cheers
Sign In or Register to comment.