Apple begins shipping early iPhone 4 orders

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mydnyte View Post

I just checked AT&T's toll free order status phone line - they said my items "were on backorder and will be shipped as soon as possible." I don't know if that's their standard line when they don't have any shipping information or if that's truly a reflection.

I placed my pre-order through the ATT site at about 11am EDT. When I called the order status number just now I got, "Your order has been received and is being processed."

No idea, though, what to expect.
  • Reply 42 of 59
    I put my order through ATT.com Premier at about 9:30 EDT and I just got the shipping #. Even though the Status is still "In Progress" and the Carrier is "null".

The shipping number is not found in the FedEx DB yet.
  • Reply 43 of 59
    mydnytemydnyte Posts: 17member
    Check this AT&T status page as an alternative to the link in your order receipt e-mail:

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

My order was placed on the 15th, and I have the e-mail on the 15th to prove it.

Yet when I check the URL above, I have to put in the wireless number as the search criteria (it doesn't recognize the order number) and it shows the order as entered on the 16th and on backorder, yet my card HAS been charged.

Has anyone else ordered after the 15th and had their card charged? It was my understanding that the card wasn't supposed to be charged until actual shipment.
  • Reply 44 of 59
    Here's something even weirder.

When I check the order number on my order receipt e-mail, it shows as processing.

When I check the wireless number through the web page in my previous post, I see a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT order number on the 16th.

I wonder if this could be one of those "multiple order" cases.

(I only entered one order for one phone.)
  • Reply 45 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vercordio View Post

I placed my pre-order through the ATT site at about 11am EDT. When I called the order status number just now I got, "Your order has been received and is being processed."

No idea, though, what to expect.

What toll-free number did you use?
  • Reply 46 of 59
    Quote:

What toll-free number did you use?

877-782-8870. Is that the same as the one you tried?
  • Reply 47 of 59
    Quote:

877-782-8870. Is that the same as the one you tried?

Yep - that's the same one I tried.
  • Reply 48 of 59
    Quote:

Yep - that's the same one I tried.

Well all I can tell you is that I, too, placed my order on the 15th and my card was also charged. When I use the order status link I get "In Progress" on all three items (the phone, the SIM and freight) and all zeros in the "backorder" column, but it also seems to believe my order was placed on the 16th. No shipping notification e-mail as of yet, nor any other indication of when it'll arrive.

Good luck, man!
  • Reply 49 of 59
    Quote:

Well all I can tell you is that I, too, placed my order on the 15th and my card was also charged. When I use the order status link I get "In Progress" on all three items (the phone, the SIM and freight) and all zeros in the "backorder" column, but it also seems to believe my order was placed on the 16th. No shipping notification e-mail as of yet, nor any other indication of when it'll arrive.

Good luck, man!

Is the order number on the webpage the same as the order number in your order confirmation e-mail?
  • Reply 50 of 59
    I placed my order for a 16GB and 32GB upgrade and a 16GB exchange for a 3GS purchased 3 weeks ago. Got the emails from AT&T. All three show FEDEX shipping numbers. The two 16GBs show "Shipping" status's, but the 32GB still shows "Processing" but has a FEDEX number. None of the FEDEX tracking numbers pull up any info on FEDEX's site yet. I have not been charged, but there is a hold on my card for what looks like double the amount that the receipts total to.....

On AT&T's order status page it shows the following:

\t

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE Shipped 06/18/10 1 1 0 FEDX xxxx82007292 (numbers blanked out for security)
  • Reply 51 of 59
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:

Check this AT&T status page as an alternative to the link in your order receipt e-mail:

Yet when I check the URL above, I have to put in the wireless number as the search criteria (it doesn't recognize the order number) and it shows the order as entered on the 16th and on backorder, yet my card HAS been charged.

Has anyone else ordered after the 15th and had their card charged? It was my understanding that the card wasn't supposed to be charged until actual shipment.

I haven't checked on whether my card was charged, but I ordered mine late on the first day through AT&T and now have a Fedex tracking number. I was able to get the number from the Order Status link on the AT&T page.
  • Reply 52 of 59
    Quote:

Is the order number on the webpage the same as the order number in your order confirmation e-mail?

Yessir.
  • Reply 53 of 59
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    My phone has shipped, but my card has not been charged. This concerns me deeply. Apple always charges the card before shipping the item. Anyone else in the same boat?
  • Reply 54 of 59
    spookmagspookmag Posts: 13member
    mine is in Alaska right now and says delivery on or by the 24th june.
  • Reply 55 of 59
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Same here, except mine now says the 23rd.
  • Reply 56 of 59
    Quote:

I am in the same boat. My order went through pretty early on the 15th. It shows on backorder and a charge to my card. I hope it gets here, I will be on vacation next week.
  • Reply 57 of 59
    ttftwttftw Posts: 1member
    I just received this email from apple:

Dear Apple Store Customer,

You recently received a Shipment Notification email from Apple advising you that your iPhone has shipped.

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery on June 23rd, it may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by visiting our Order Status website at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus.

Sincerely,

The Apple Store Team
  • Reply 58 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ttftw View Post

I just received this email from apple:

Dear Apple Store Customer,

You recently received a Shipment Notification email from Apple advising you that your iPhone has shipped.

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery on June 23rd, it may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by visiting our Order Status website at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus.

Sincerely,

The Apple Store Team

I just received the same email. Is this legit? Kind a weird.
  • Reply 59 of 59
    No change on either my Premier status page, the standard status page or the status phone line as of this morning.

Personally, I'm glad I DIDN'T order for store pickup. I am anticipating that there will be more than a few people that are going to be at a store on Thursday waiting for a pre-order pickup that are going to be disappointed.

I hope I'm wrong and it all works out for everyone, but based on everything I've read on the multiple sites I'm following, it doesn't look terribly good...