Apple e-mail says iPhone 4 will deliver a day early, on June 23

24

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 77
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post


    You know this same thing happened with the 3GS right, and FedEx held them until launch day. I give it 10% probability of actually happening....I just don't see Apple doing that. That would piss off a LOT of campers and preorder people.



    Huh? Apple never sent out an official email saying that their 3GSs would be sent out a day early. These emails ARE being sent to the pre-orderers.
  • Reply 22 of 77
    Mine showed the 23rd from the get-go (at least going by FedEx's tracking). I just assumed it would eventually change to the 24th since FedEx's estimates are not always correct. Then I got the email from Apple last night. That's awesome. Especially since I must've been one of the last to get in on the 15th. I was on vacation and didn't have internet access other than on my iPhone. I tried about 3 pm eastern and it failed at the AT&T authorization. I figured I'd give it another shot later and I tried at 11:15 pm and got through and the order placed. Then I started reading about people getting canceled and I figured I'd be one of those since I ordered so late. But I guess I squeaked in and on top of that I get it a day later!
  • Reply 23 of 77
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Received the same email for my iPhone ordered from Apple.



    My iPhone ordered from A&T finally received a tracking number, it has no known delivery date, it's being shipped through UPS and it's located in Memphis, TN, of all places. i would be at all concerned about the odd location except that I also received an email from AT&T the day before congratulating me on my new 3GS.
  • Reply 24 of 77
    justfinejustfine Posts: 61member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rgspb View Post


    The part of this email that makes me suspicious is the part about the print and sign FedEx form. We ALL know that has never worked when it comes to an apple delivery. I'll be waiting, but not counting on it till Thursday.



    I have had numerous Apple/Fedex deliveries over the last several years..all left at my door with the "sign and leave" form taped to the outside.
  • Reply 25 of 77
    Cool! Apple has always gone out of their way to prevent this from happening. I won't get to enjoy the phone a day early this go around, but good for those who will.
  • Reply 26 of 77
    While the impending early delivery may be atypical for Apple, it does make a great deal of sense. By delivering some of the phones early they can relieve some of the congestion that will be hitting their site for activation of the phones. Perhaps they learned from past experience and this was intended all along.
  • Reply 27 of 77
    anmarkleanmarkle Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rgspb View Post


    The part of this email that makes me suspicious is the part about the print and sign FedEx form. We ALL know that has never worked when it comes to an apple delivery. I'll be waiting, but not counting on it till Thursday.



    I used the pre-auth form for my iPad with no problems. I got the e-mail also and the Fed Ex tracking says that my iPhone has arrived at my local Fed Ex office. I will be using the pre-auth form for this delivery also.
  • Reply 28 of 77
    neilmneilm Posts: 903member
    I ordered my iPhone 4 through my local AT&T store and received the emailed FedEx tracking number a couple of days ago. However FedEx still doesn't recognize that number. I've occasionally seen that in the past, with the first official appearance of the shipment in FedEx's system being when it's delivered.



    Or... maybe my iPhone 4 fell off the back of a truck in Hong Kong.
  • Reply 29 of 77
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Tracking states delivery on the 23rd by 10:30 AM, less than 24 hours to go!



    I got this email this morning, and was very surprised. Even though my tracking has stated since shipment that it would be delivered the 23rd, that seemed very unusual for Apple.



    Guess they smartened up and figured they could throw the pre-order customers a bone. Give it to us a day early, since we lost an entire day trying to place the preorder to begin with, lol.



    Can't Wait!
  • Reply 30 of 77
    My iPhone 4 left Fort Worth Texas today and has a FedEx delivery date of June 23rd. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's too late.
  • Reply 31 of 77
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rgspb View Post


    The part of this email that makes me suspicious is the part about the print and sign FedEx form. We ALL know that has never worked when it comes to an apple delivery. I'll be waiting, but not counting on it till Thursday.



    You have obviously never ordered from Apple before when they ship FedEx. They have ALWAYS offered the pre-sign form, which is a real FedEx form. I have done that many times when I am not going to be home. If you don't believe it, log on to Apple and check your shipping status. There will be a link to pre-sign for your package and you can print out the PDF and leave it on your front door if you are not going to be home to sign for it.
  • Reply 32 of 77
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post


    You have obviously never ordered from Apple before when they ship FedEx. They have ALWAYS offered the pre-sign form, which is a real FedEx form. I have done that many times when I am not going to be home. If you don't believe it, log on to Apple and check your shipping status. There will be a link to pre-sign for your package and you can print out the PDF and leave it on your front door if you are not going to be home to sign for it.



    Works every time. Never has this not worked. What doesn't work is leaving a piece of cardboard that says, "Plz leave pkg, thx!"



    Leaving the official fed ex form, signed properly, does work. Its why they have it...
  • Reply 33 of 77
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slowdive View Post


    My iPhone 4 left Fort Worth Texas today and has a FedEx delivery date of June 23rd. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's too late.



    No need to fear. Your hopes may rest securely in the elevated position. There are many good reasons for Apple to do this. Most have already been mentioned in this thread. I bet they know exactly how many people placed orders, and how much their servers can handle. I am also guessing that the lines will be like no other consumer product release in history. They will need as much good press as they can get because the servers are still going to be overwhelmed, and the tech writers will still find a way to make the most successful product launch in history out to be a failure.
  • Reply 34 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post


    No need to fear. Your hopes may rest securely in the elevated position. There are many good reasons for Apple to do this. Most have already been mentioned in this thread. I bet they know exactly how many people placed orders, and how much their servers can handle. I am also guessing that the lines will be like no other consumer product release in history. They will need as much good press as they can get because the servers are still going to be overwhelmed, and the tech writers will still find a way to make the most successful product launch in history out to be a failure.



    I'm sure spreading the activation demand more evenly is one good reason for this, but MY guess is the big reason is to step all over the Android X intro set for June 23rd.
  • Reply 35 of 77
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snodman View Post


    I'm sure spreading the activation demand more evenly is one good reason for this, but MY guess is the big reason is to step all over the Android X intro set for June 23rd.



    Well, sir, I think you just won the prize for best conspiracy theory of the week. I have to say, it makes a lot of sense, especially since the Droid launch was intended to blunt the iP4 release.



    Oh, what a tangle web...
  • Reply 36 of 77
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Is there a FedEx pre-sign form available for those who ordered through AT&T instead of Apple? I couldn't find one.
  • Reply 37 of 77
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1984 View Post


    Is there a FedEx pre-sign form available for those who ordered through AT&T instead of Apple? I couldn't find one.



    So this is the deal, the next couple of days are going to reveal a real class distinction that breaks down like so: those who did a proper preorder through Apple, and everyone else. If you did it the Apple way, you will be good to go. If you did AT&T, BB, RS, or WM, put your head between your knees and kiss your butt goodbye. It is going to be a long weekend.



    I hammered the Apple website all day on Monday, and didn't get in until the evening. It was worth it for those who made it. Preordering anywhere else is a lot like not preordering. Or perhaps, it is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're going to get.
  • Reply 38 of 77
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    but MY guess is the big reason is to step all over the Android X intro set for June 23rd.



    I think their strategy for the Android X was just to ignore it and make iPhone 4 how they were going to make it anyway . . .
  • Reply 39 of 77
    I got this email around 2:30am. FedEx tracking shows that my phone is currently right across the Hudson in Newark, NJ. I feel pretty certain that I'm getting mine tomorrow.



    I can't wait to activate it and take a stroll by the line of campers at the 5th avenue store while I'm having a FaceTime chat with one of my friends.
  • Reply 40 of 77
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,607member
    Got my email last night from AT&T. It's being shipped to the store with a 6/23 delivery date. Being shipped via UPS next day air.
Sign In or Register to comment.