iPhone 4 lines at Apple stores grow as early deliveries arrive

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

It's a significant improvement, but is it really worth taking vacation or sick time to buy one rather than just get it delivered and save that time for something else? Either way, you get the device. If you want to hang out with Apple fans in person, there are user groups out there. I say keep the vacation time and use it on an actual vacation, even the best phone available (which it is currently), just doesn't seem worth that.

I agree.
  • Reply 62 of 74
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlashmanBurgess View Post

Im hearing on the news that some AT&T customers are being allowed to pick up their phones in California, so i jumped on a support chat with AT&T to see what they had to say.

Here's what I went through, and some people wonder why I don't like AT&T.

Anoop L: Welcome to AT&T Premier Support. I am reading your question and will be right with you.

Anoop L: To clarify, you want to know when you can pre-order your new iPhone 4. Is that correct?

Paul: no, I've ordered it already and it's come in today, I want to know why I can't go get it.

Anoop L: I'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Anoop L: iPhone 4 will begin arriving this week for customers who pre-ordered. We will send an email when each order has shipped.

Paul: I have gotten the notice already that it shipped, and it's at the store now, but they said I cant pick it up till tomorrow

Anoop L: Alright.

Anoop L: Its because of iPhone 4 is not lunched till yet, It will be lunched on June 29, 2010. After that you can pick your iPhone 4.

Paul: What? Where are you getting this information. AT&T customer support doesn't even know the dates of the iPhone 4 release. Can I speak to a manager. Official release is Tomorrow the 24th.

Paul: My phone is at the store right this very minute.

Anoop L: Yes, you are correct, it has released today, however, iPhone 4 will begin arriving this week for customers who pre-ordered. We will send an email when each order has shipped.

Paul: Are you listening to me? MY PHONE HAS arrived. It's at the store RIGHT NOW. I want to know why I can't drive down there and pick it up. Clearly you are not the right person to be speaking with.

Paul: thank you

Anoop L: AT&T retail representatives will begin calling customers this week to let them know their iPhone 4 is available for pick up in the store.

Anoop L: Have I resolved your concern today?

Paul: not even close.

HAHAHAHA! O yeas. How may I be helping you please?
  • Reply 63 of 74
    Ordered my iphone through the At&t website on pre-order day and i got my phone as of 3 pm today in new york!! For the first time since the iphone 3G i will not be waiting on line for crazy a crazy amount of time. First impressions.. The phone is awesome. The retina display does make a huge difference when compared to my iphone 3G S. The camera is amazing. Feels way faster then the 3G S. For those of you who will be waiting in line bring lots of water and just so you know the wait is totally worth it.
  • Reply 64 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by acslater017 View Post

Personally, I would never wait in line for something that I could get shipped to my home. But I can understand the fun of the anticipation, camaraderie, etc. That is why people go to a movie debut at midnight when they can just go at lunchtime the next day.

Well, honestly many of us didn't have the choice. Family plans with two iPhone upgrades were not able to be processed online. So two phones had to be reserved in-store on the separate accounts. I would try to avoid the Apple Store the next couple of weeks, but I can't because my reservation expires at the end of tomorrow. It blows because tomorrow is going to be a chaotic mess.
  • Reply 65 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aross99 View Post

For me, I won't be home tomorrow, and I didn't want to have them leave it on my front porch. if they would have let me deliver it to work, I wouldn't have gone for pickup.

It's really too bad you can't get it delivered to another address...

I ordered mine through at&t.com and i put my work address as the delivery address for that same purpose. i did not want to take of from work to get wait on line. at first when i called at&t to make sure everything went in ok they said i could not have it shipped to my work address. i awesome she was to busy or overwhelmed so i let it go. The reason i let it go was because she read to me that the delivery address was my job address in her system so i was just hoping it stood that way. I then called 3 days later and spoke to a different rep and he stated to me that it was going to be shipped to my work address and that there shouldn't be any problem with that. So not only did i not have to take of from work but i got my phone a day early at my job. It would only make sense for them to ship it to your job if they want you to be able to pay them for this expensive phone i just bought!! The way i see it, it all depends on what At&t rep you talked to. Either way i'm very happy that i got my phone already and at&t did right by me. By the way i'm a Premier customer don't know if that made any difference to them.
  • Reply 66 of 74
  • Reply 67 of 74
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLoveStuff View Post

What a lame excuse, maybe you get away with that kind of lazy "everybody else screws up so why not me" attitude down at the dirty ditch you dig in everyday, but not me.

If you worked for me and said that, I'd fire you on the spot.

Sorry you can't handle the truth. It is not a lame excuse, it is reality. Get a clue. Guess what? My iPhone 4 activated within 30 SECONDS at 4:30 PM this afternoon. So I see no problem with AT&Ts activation process.
  • Reply 68 of 74
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aross99 View Post

For me, I won't be home tomorrow, and I didn't want to have them leave it on my front porch. if they would have let me deliver it to work, I wouldn't have gone for pickup.

It's really too bad you can't get it delivered to another address...

I saw the same message on Apple's website about delivery only to your AT&T billing address. However, my cousin changed the shipping address during the final pre-order stage and they shipped his phone to the alternate address. So go figure. I wasn't home either, but I did the pre-sign form and had them leave the package in the backyard. Apple is smart, they use confidential packaging. The return address only says AI to reduce the possibility of theft in transit.
  • Reply 69 of 74
    I've been the first person in line for the past two years at Coconut Point Apple in Estero, FL. However, this year they aren't allowing people to camp out overnight so I order it online. Thankfully I received my iPhone 4 thru FedEx at about 1:30pm today and had it activated in 30sec. LOVE IT
  • Reply 70 of 74
    st3v3st3v3 Posts: 63member
    More power to the people who can wait on line. Getting a new product the day of isn't that important to me, especially not with the iPhone.... (No, not a shot at the iPhone for the overly defensive posters here)---it's not like 1093293223830 other people won't have the iPhone soon enough, anyway.
  • Reply 71 of 74
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

See, I go see the early showing during the day when it's less crowded. Not a fan of crowds, lines or waiting.

Who would've guessed that someone with the screen name "solipsism" wouldn't like crowds?

Don't worry, they're just figments of your own imagination.
  • Reply 72 of 74
    reefreef Posts: 5member
    Is my reserved phone really gonna be held til close of business? I'm paranoid that they're gonna sell it...
  • Reply 73 of 74
    The mall at Oak Brook said that no one could line up before 5AM today, but around 3:30 there were so many people trying to that mall security had to give up. There are probably 1000 people here for one of the smallest Apple stores!
  • Reply 74 of 74
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by swimmerguyman View Post

The mall at Oak Brook said that no one could line up before 5AM today, but around 3:30 there were so many people trying to that mall security had to give up. There are probably 1000 people here for one of the smallest Apple stores!

Always an excited atmosphere in line with Apple Nuts!