AT&T gives away 3G MicroCells to some 'loyal' customers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Quote:

Sad.

How come the leading telecommunication company from the most rich country on earth is this lame?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zindako View Post

capitalism, you gotta love it

Capitalism is what built AT&T - the friggin Federal Government is what killed them, starting in 1974 - you may not have been born then..........., but I won't hold that against you.

Google: Bell System Divestiture

A colossal misguided interference funded by our tax dollars. Salaries to Idiots.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    ktronixktronix Posts: 12member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuzDots View Post

Capitalism is what built AT&T - the friggin Federal Government is what killed them, starting in 1974 - you may not have been born then..........., but I won't hold that against you.

Google: Bell System Divestiture

A colossal misguided interference funded by our tax dollars. Salaries to Idiots.

Absolutely true. Capitalism generally sustains itself, until that progress is mucked about by well-meaning congressmen. Nary a one of these government officials will have owned a business before attacking one to make things more fair (and that is patently un-capitalistic). The results are rarely intended and we consumers tend to pay far more and are 'rewarded' with inferior service. Capitalism is superior, but government measures almost always ruin this.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktronix View Post

Absolutely true. Capitalism generally sustains itself, until that progress is mucked about by well-meaning congressmen. Nary a one of these government officials will have owned a business before attacking one to make things more fair (and that is patently un-capitalistic). The results are rarely intended and we consumers tend to pay far more and are 'rewarded' with inferior service. Capitalism is superior, but government measures almost always ruin this.

Oh yeah, we're all better off with that trim line phone we rent from The Phone Company every month. Great monopoly capitalism.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    2011 is going to be a big year for Femtocell.

In the UK we only have 1 provider of it - Vodafone.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    ATT is probably going to be giving away many freebies down the road as they realize how many people are going to be jumping ship.

Be patient as ATT needs us customers more than we need ATT. They have yet to understand that their network leaves alot to be desired.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Verizon sells them too. Should their customers pay where their coverage is crappy?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

Anyone that pays for one of these is an idiot. There is no reason why AT&T's customers should have to foot the bill for AT&T's crappy 3G coverage.

If you need one of these, demand it for free.

• Reply 27 of 28
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    This is such a giant generalization that its meaningless. What specifically has the government done to ruin our telecommunication service?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktronix View Post

• Reply 28 of 28
    kennmsrkennmsr Posts: 100member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kablooie View Post

Their map says that I get a signal, but I don't. Also the other companies have signals at my house. ATT is the only one that doesn't.

I am not in a rural area, I live near Pasadena, Ca., not far from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the Rose Bowl.

But when I talked with the representative she checked and said they have no plans to upgrade this area within the next 2 years.

The map you as a customer can get online or in their brochures is only there to give you the warm fuzzies. If you want the true skinny on coverage in your area go to your local AT&T corporate store and ask them to show you their tower and coverage maps. They show the towers and good, better, best coverage areas for each tower and they are not concentric circles either it totally depends on how the Cell Arrays are positioned/directed. One tower might concentrate on the residential area to the east of the tower while the lake to west hardly gets any coverage.