Growing attention on iPhone 4 signal issues presents risk for Apple

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 192
    jam71jam71 Posts: 8member
    I think this whole issue has definitely been blown out of all proportion. I don't know if it is a US only thing but I tested a couple of phones in store before buying and I could not replicate the fault. So guess what I bought one and no matter how hard I try I cannot get it to drop signal and yes I am holding it in the way the videos show. In fact no one I know can replicate it either, my guess is that Apple usual detractors are jumping on the bandwagon and perpetuating the myth!
  • Reply 182 of 192
    capoeira4ucapoeira4u Posts: 160member
    Easy fix...get ready for iPhone 5 next year!
  • Reply 183 of 192
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davesw View Post

The funny thing is that it's mostly non iphone 4 owners that are upset by this antenna issue.

Mostly Android user trolls.

Why do you even bother posting? No it is not mainly Android users.
  • Reply 184 of 192
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

And that is, in fact, what some of these guys think (minus the space aliens... or not). The tin-foil hats are on in abundance.

Well, we are already starting to see accusations that the reports and results of testing are being driven not by objective parties but by RIM, Google, MS, etc. They really do think there is a vast conspiracy.
  • Reply 185 of 192
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Does this sort of arrogance make you feel better somehow?

Its the truth for christs sake! Wake UP!
  • Reply 186 of 192
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

Friend, you need some mental assistance pretty badly if this issue causes you to get so unhinged that you resort to calling people 'morons' and to throwing around veiled expletives just because someone suggest that there may be a problem with a *phone*. You need to get some perspective.

I live in Irvine, CA - not a sparse service area. I spent some time in an Apple store in the middle of one of the most popular shopping districts in Southern California, the Irvine Spectrum, and I was able to reproduce this issue with a single finger bridging the gap between the two antennas. There IS a problem. It may not impact every user, and it may not impact every handset, but there is certainly an issue. Calling people experiencing that issue morons and throwing around expletives only demonstrates your own lack of insight and character.

BTW, I got up this morning and as I was laying in bed, I grabbed my iPhone and started checking email. I'm right handed, so I held it in my left, and I used my index finger to scroll. And guess what, I noted that the most natural way to do that was with the lower left corner resting in my palm - exactly where the two antennas meet.

Guess that makes me a moron, right?

A long while back I stated that Steve Ballmer was Apple's greatest asset. Why? Because his terrific pride kept him from recognizing the nascent threat that was the iPhone. That was back when win smartphones dominated and Ballmer called the iPhone a joke.

Flash forward to today: you and many other apple fanboys are evidencing the very same kind of hubris and arrogance. You are brutalizing people who have done no wrong other than to publicly acknowledge that they are having a problem with their iPhone. You lash out at them, you verbally abuse them, vilify them, slander them, and for what? What does it get you? A foolish sense of self superiority. Truly sad.

I guess it does, because the ******* phone, works just fine.
  • Reply 187 of 192
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

So I guess all the independent tests are all 100% wrong.

I guess the 30+ people I know with the phone must be totally unique and lucky cases.

Or there's nothing wrong with phone.

most hysterical nonsense issue of all time.
  • Reply 188 of 192
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I guess the 30+ people I know with the phone must be totally unique and lucky cases.

Or there's nothing wrong with phone.

most hysterical nonsense issue of all time.

Do you have Typhoid or Polio or know anyone that does? No? I guess they don't exist. In reality, they exist. They might not be a problem for you or people in your area, but they exist.

Your logic is beyond pathetic. Your irrational rage against those discussing this issue is worse.
  • Reply 189 of 192
    Quote:

I guess it does, because the ******* phone, works just fine.

Yours does. That's great. That must mean they all do. You should alert the media!
  • Reply 190 of 192
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:

Its the truth for christs sake! Wake UP!

Yes, everybody is an idiot except for you and people who completely agree with you.

I am now fully awake. Satisfied?
  • Reply 191 of 192
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    This story has already come to a boil. Most people have stated their experience with the IPHONE4. CR has made its statement. Every news agency has picked up the story and commented on it.

Yet many, if not most people continue to own the IPHONE4. Yes there are people that would own an iphone no matter what but most people would return it if the problem was that bad. For those that are unhappy RETURN THE PHONE you are still within the 30 day return period. Those that are unhappy can go back to the 3GS or get their money back.

As for the risk to APPLE, a week from now this story will be forgotten.
  • Reply 192 of 192
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Plagen View Post

What's there to prove besides that my phone works everywhere I take it with me and makes calls from places that my 3Gs would start to stutter?

Careful, if you don't participate in the hysteria you'll be branded a fanboi apologist

I've never seen more irresponsible reporting about a non-issue before. I have lost all respect for Consumers Union