iPhone MobileMe wipe, sync, location features planned by Microsoft, RIM

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    The service is NOT a phone.

Since communications like this are email and storage and such -- they are obviously not LIVE, but then when you call someone -- what's the point of saying "this is a real life phone call"?

MS products are chock-a-block with renaming conventions their own way -- and they like to add in the same words over and over again.

Everything the past couple of years has been "Live" this and that. Am I using their videoconferencing -- or am I sharing a document from Word through the web, am I getting voicemail on my phone? It's all "LIVE" -- which means nothing.

Try searching for tech support sometime -- you will appreciate Apple's "made up" I-Words, because if you take a string of ubiquitous words: "LIVE VIDEO OFFICE" -- of course Google and Bing will interpret that as you desperately need to see a naughty video clip from an on-line "LIVE" $tripper.

It is not a little thing that you can quickly get confused in what you are dealing with. And of course then "Clippy" shows up and tells you some useless information.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

One thing about Microsoft, they copy from the best.

Sure - but they do it poorly.

I wonder if they'd be better off to do a good copy of Android than a lousy copy of iOS.

I can just picture Microsoft's access to the cloud:

- push 3 buttons simultaneously, then select one of the tabs. Click on option C2, then navigate to option Z1. Select tab 'bozo' and, then sacrifice your goat. Sprinkle the blood on the phone, then do a line dance. Then shake the phone and enter a 30 character verification code.

Then, when it doesn't work, repeat.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    firefly7475firefly7475 Posts: 1,502member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Sure - but they do it poorly.

I wonder if they'd be better off to do a good copy of Android than a lousy copy of iOS.

I can just picture Microsoft's access to the cloud:

- push 3 buttons simultaneously, then select one of the tabs. Click on option C2, then navigate to option Z1. Select tab 'bozo' and, then sacrifice your goat. Sprinkle the blood on the phone, then do a line dance. Then shake the phone and enter a 30 character verification code.

Then, when it doesn't work, repeat.

Microsoft's integration between phone and cloud will most likely be far ahead of Apple/Google/RIM if we (fairly safely IMO) make the assumption they will take the existing functionality from the KIN.

The problem will likely be their web UI. Check this out...

KIN Studio 1

KIN Studio 2

KIN Studio 3

KIN Studio 4