Survey: iPhone killing interest in RIM, satisfying more users than Android

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    zindakozindako Posts: 468member
    I have an iPhone4, and I am very happy with it.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post

. . . how similar iPhone 4 is to Vista???!!! ;-)

They have at least one thing in common - criticism from within the company that was ignored:

They Criticized Vista. And They Should Know.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/business/09digi.html

Apple engineer warned Steve Jobs about iPhone 4 reception last year

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...last_year.html
  • Reply 43 of 47
    chopperchopper Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

You can go to another site if you don't like this one.

But I do like this site. I thought I'd clarified that it's that Super-Apologist? DED that I can't stand, disingenuous flack that he is.

AI is in almost every other way the fairest, most rational Apple fansite out there.

But I'll click your link and visit there also since you feel I should.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Remarkably enough the link goes to an article regarding the same CURRENT report.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RationalTroll View Post

They have at least one thing in common - criticism from within the company that was ignored:

They Criticized Vista. And They Should Know.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/business/09digi.html

Apple engineer warned Steve Jobs about iPhone 4 reception last year

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...last_year.html

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

But I do like this site. I thought I'd clarified that it's that Super-Apologist? DED that I can't stand, disingenuous flack that he is.

AI is in almost every other way the fairest, most rational Apple fansite out there.

But I'll click your link and visit there also since you feel I should.

• Reply 45 of 47
    Quote:

Remarkably enough the link goes to an article regarding the same CURRENT report.

And in that remarkable link Engadget says...

"We can definitely see the Droid X and BlackBerry 6 remedying things for the big boys, but Palm's route out of ignominy seems a little less straightforward. "

...as opposed to Dilger's 'RIM and Android are doomed' prognostications.

You put "current" in uppercase like that's significant in some way, but since you brought it up, I'll remind you once again that the survey on which the report is based was completed on the iPhone 4's launch day. I don't see how somebody can genuinely determine their level of satisfaction with a given device on the very day they received it, unless of course they're prescient. Or fanboys.

You need to get a sense of reality.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Current as in, in reality it takes time to report on the findings of a survey, which as the report is current can lead to stories about said report.

Speaking of reality do you have any evidence at all regarding the number of actual iPhone 4 users who are negatively affected by this storm in a teacup issue, seeing as how you see yourself as some sort of adjudicator of the currency of surveys?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

And in that remarkable link .

You put "current" in uppercase like that's significant in some way, but since you brought it up, I'll remind you once again that the survey on which the report is based was completed on the iPhone 4's launch day. I don't see how somebody can genuinely determine their level of satisfaction with a given device on the very day they received it, unless of course they're prescient. Or fanboys.

You need to get a sense of reality.

• Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:

Current as in, in reality it takes time to report on the findings of a survey, which as the report is current can lead to stories about said report.

Speaking of reality do you have any evidence at all regarding the number of actual iPhone 4 users who are negatively affected by this storm in a teacup issue, seeing as how you see yourself as some sort of adjudicator of the currency of surveys?

I'm not sure whether you're being deliberately obtuse, or you are intellectually challenged to some degree. If it's the former, then I will simply refer you to my previous comments and ignore your further posts about this. If you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to understand the simple explanation I have already provided, then I don't see how I can enlighten you further.

But be that as it may, I'll have one last attempt. Dilger knew before submitting his piece that the info he was touting was already outdated and fallacious. He chose to use his relationship with AI to further his Apple suck-up agenda by presenting the piece with no reference to the fact that the results of the survey pre-dated the antenna issue and that the satisfaction levels he lifted from the report could not possibly be representative of the current situation.

If you don't understand the meaning of "disingenuous", just say so and I'll help you out. Or you could look it up. Whichever, Dilger is virtually the definition of the word.

Let me also help you out, since you ask, with the definition of "current" - it means "now". Note that it doesn't mean three weeks ago, before the antenna issue hit the web and mainstream media.

I hope you finally understand what I have patiently explained to you, because if you don't, then I have serious doubts about either your comprehension or your intellect.