Apple denies creating artificial product shortages for hype

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 41
    minderbinderminderbinder Posts: 1,703member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lukevaxhacker View Post

While on the subject of phones, why are U.S. analysts projecting increased sales if Apple adds someone else other than AT&T? If they aren't producing enough *now*, how could they fill that *additional* demand?!

Because the inability to meet demand is only for a limited time after product release. Within a few months they will meet demand comfortably and would be able to meet additional demand from other carriers.

Not to mention that additional carriers would have the expectation of increasing demand so they would have have a solid justification for increasing manufacturing capacity.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

Apple has never produced an overstock of anything in the past 13 years.

That comment was in response to someone proposing that apple manufacture for months and fill up warehouses full of product before release.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

I believe it for the iPad, but for other products like iPods back in the day and maybe the iPhone4 now I think the shortages are fake.

Even when interest in the new phone was ten times that of the previous generation? Let's not forget, the new model may be the fastest selling consumer electronics product of all time, you really think that apple anticipated that and should have manufactured at an unprecedented rate? Not to mention that apple gains nothing from selling fewer phones - if apple knew demand was going to be so high but kept production too low intentionally, what gain would they get from that? I only see down side to that.