AT&T iPhone 4 upload speed fix expected in 2-3 weeks

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

2 - 3 weeks for a software fix? I think they just did not want to handle all the iPhone 4 launch traffic for a while.

BTW it does not seem very wide spread. I only heard friends of friends experiencing the problem. My guess it's NY and San Fran once again that are getting hit.

Yes - two to three weeks - because with enterprise equipment that is used to handle transactions such as cellular traffic that generate revenue for the company you don't just shut it off in the middle of the day. You have a change control process and change windows that have to be scheduled for the middle of the night and or weekends - and you have to do a backup before hand so that if something goes wrong you can revert. And they may even have temporary hardware that is put in place to handle the load while the upgrade is done - or a cluster of equipment that all needs to be done but has to be done in a round robin fashion so that it does not all go off line at the same time. While it may only affect 2% of users - there might be a dozen systems in a dozen locations that all must be upgraded - and then tested and verified after he upgrade is complete. It is also possible that they have only a small team handling this upgrade and it is possible that they have to physically travel to each of the affected areas (although it is also possible that it is all managed remotely).

The world of enterprise computing is a different place that your personal computer at home where you can boot it up - shut it down - or install new software anytime you like.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Lies, Lies, Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies, and and more Lies.

It has absolutely nothing to do with software. My iPhone 4 was getting 1.5 mb Up until AT&T pulled the plug on that, over the air, and dropped it down to a 100 kbps.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    coolcatcoolcat Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Come On Apple, You Can Do This... One Fix at a Time

It's not Apple you dumbass....read the story troll
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Lies, Lies, Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies, and and more Lies.

It has absolutely nothing to do with software. My iPhone 4 was getting 1.5 mb Up until AT&T pulled the plug on that, over the air, and dropped it down to a 100 kbps.

Well, there's proof for ya!