Teardown of Apple's Magic Trackpad reveals tightly packed thin design

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    sinceresincere Posts: 42member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

I don't have that problem at all. The cursor moves exactly at the same speed as my wireless magic mouse whether I go fast or slow.

Hey I dont have any problem with my magic mouse either as Ive had mine now for exactly 30 days..Works like a charm
  • Reply 22 of 23
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuffyzDead View Post

You can fix that, and do so much more, with BetterTouchTool. Google it.

BetterTouchTool will also be adding a multitude of gestures for the Magic Trackpad.

It's Free (donations requested) and works brilliantly.

I will not be using it as it does NOT work brilliantly for the Magic Mouse, it works like absolute ****

The trackpad has all of the multitouch gestures that I wanted with the Magic Mouse, but didn't get.

BetterTouchTool is crude, and is flawed from the start, as the Magic Mouse is a terrible multitouch surface for anything besides scrolling.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thespaz View Post

Does anyone know of the Magic Trackpad suffers the same slow cursor speed as the Magic Mouse? When moving the Magic Mouse slow, the cursor speed slows down even slower than the wired Mighty Mouse does. Just wondering if it's the same deal with the Magic Trackpad.

To me, the non-accelerated speed is about perfect with a little preference setting tuning, and it has plenty enough acceleration to allow a swipe to cross the entire screen in one shot.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by freelander51 View Post

My horrible Dell Mouse does this on my horrible Dell PC on my horrible office winxp. If I move it ssssssllllllooooowwwwwlllllllyyyyy over the mousepad I neeed the whole width of the pad to go from one end of the screen to the other. If I yank it quickly, I need a third of the pad....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RicMac View Post

ummmmm, ok, that's a feature, not a flaw - both on the Mac and the PC.

Yeah, it's supposed to have an accelerated movement, though the original question seemed to suggest that the non-accelerated movement was still too slow. If you want 1:1 correspondence (or no acceleration), regardless of OS, you might be best served with a Wacom tablet and set its mouse to "pen mode". Windows does have a wider range of adjustments though, it offered me a better adjustment range than Mac OS. Snow Leopard seems to close that gap for the most part.