Unboxing: Apple's mid-2010 iMac has changes on the inside

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

Not true.

Just a quicky. I have had 8 Apple laptops in the past 10 years. The only one that I can really use on my boat is the MacBook Pro LED backlit Glossy. The matte screens are a complete blank. But then my grade 10 science class would have taught me that. Over 30 years in the ad business tells me your other point with graphic artists and photographers are perceptions only.

Take a moment and peruse Apples client site. Great examples of creative and scientific use of the very screens that don't work. If you could only see some of their studios.

You can, if you can't arrange you equipment out of the spotlight, apply a matte overlay. 3M and the likes have great products. However, you can't take a matte screen and render it glossy to really see the deep vivid colors and contrast of your artwork.

That's a complete misconception regarding a "vivid" color palette. They're srgb panels (not that this is a bad thing) no matter what coating you apply to them. The gloss makes it appear artificially more vivid at first glance but does nothing for perceptual accuracy relative to say a printed reference. It doesn't give you a deeper black point, wider color gamut, better contrast ratio, or more accurate reference. This is just bad information. The 3M and other solutions do affect color perception so they aren't an ideal solution. The improved outdoor viewing is nice though.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    crunchcrunch Posts: 180member
    Hmm...I have mainly used 1.8" SSD's. They're super duper tiny and almost fit into the DVD slot. I wonder if there is a way to maybe get those to work more easily than 2.5" drives...? \
  • Reply 43 of 43

What is that Whole On Top ???a.jpg