iPhone 4 owners report fewer dropped calls than iPhone 3GS

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ensoniqdap View Post

PS Sorry for the cheesy 'home-made' table above...

FYI: If you want to make a better table using the background colour of #e1e1e2 for the spacing encapsulated with the fixed Courier New font will allow you you make a more readable text table on the fly. Set up some templates and it becomes a piece of cake to create.
    . . . . . . . Location . . . . . Drop spots

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .3GS . .iPh4

. . . . . .Apartment » Work . . . 1 . . . 6

. . .Work » Fiancee’s House . . . 1 . . . 5

Fiancee’s House » Apartment . . . 0 . . . 2

. . . . . .Work » Apartment . . . 1 . . . 5

• Reply 82 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

FYI: If you want to make a better table using the background colour of #e1e1e2 for the spacing encapsulated with the fixed Courier New font will allow you you make a more readable text table on the fly. Set up some templates and it becomes a piece of cake to create.
    . . . . . . . Location . . . . . Drop spots

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .3GS . .iPh4

. . . . . .Apartment » Work . . . 1 . . . 6

. . .Work » Fiancee?s House . . . 1 . . . 5

Fiancee?s House » Apartment . . . 0 . . . 2

. . . . . .Work » Apartment . . . 1 . . . 5

Thanks... I am new to posting here... (Love appleinsider.com...)
  • Reply 83 of 84
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    While the IPHONE4 may have better reception at times, It's obvious that AT&T has done little to upgrade its network.

ATT realizes that soon it will lose the exclusivity of the IPHONE it has enjoyed for a few years and as a result customers will be leaving once another carrier has it. So I t looks like t ATT decided to save money and not put the money it promised into new towers etc.
  • Reply 84 of 84
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

While the IPHONE4 may have better reception at times, It's obvious that AT&T has done little to upgrade its network.

ATT realizes that soon it will lose the exclusivity of the IPHONE it has enjoyed for a few years and as a result customers will be leaving once another carrier has it. So I t looks like t ATT decided to save money and not put the money it promised into new towers etc.

Considering the sales and data usage stats YoY it seems to me that if AT&T was overwhelmed with the first iPhone that it would be impossible to support the current iPhone and all smartphones on their network without the billions per year they?ve claimed to have pumped into their networks. They?ve also made claims about using a different frequency band, adding more 3G sites, more towers, and upgrading towers to 14.4Mb/s.

I see it as obvious that AT&T has spend a fortune upgrading their networks to accommodate this phone?s demands. Whether it?s enough is another issue altogether.

As for AT&T losing the iPhone contract, that will obviously happen but I think that will be happening within the year because of circumstantial evidence. For instance, the reports from China of a CDMA-based iPhone and AT&T?s allowing of most 3GS users to upgrade to the iPhone 4 with no penalty expect for the new 2-year lock in.