What Sharon should do RIGHT NOW

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    Dear Brothers,

Consider the quote retracted. But not because I don't believe it is true, but because it was inappropriate of me to bring it up, truth or not. The tensions and anger on both sides do not need to be made hotter. Regardless of what you think I am, I feel you are all my brothers and I will always see you as such. I am sorry that I have upset any of you. Instead of approaching the subject in an peaceful way, I inadvertently did the oppostie. My apologies to all.

Good luck.
  • Reply 42 of 56
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    With quotes like that up your sleave, I admire your peaceful attitude.
  • Reply 43 of 56
    [quote]Originally posted by mac's girl:

<strong>Retracted out of respect to my brothers.

[ 05-10-2002: Message edited by: mac's girl ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Retracted becuase it's false.
  • Reply 44 of 56
    [quote]Originally posted by mac's girl:

<strong>Dear Brothers,

Consider the quote retracted. But not because I don't believe it is true, but because it was inappropriate of me to bring it up, truth or not. The tensions and anger on both sides do not need to be made hotter. Regardless of what you think I am, I feel you are all my brothers and I will always see you as such. I am sorry that I have upset any of you. Instead of approaching the subject in an peaceful way, I inadvertently did the oppostie. My apologies to all.

Good luck.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The quote is false and has been proven false many times. I'm sure someone like you thinks you're very forward thinking but your willingness to spead lies about Jews makes you an evil anti-semite.

Here's a hint. Spread the truth about Arafat and you'll do the world some good.
  • Reply 45 of 56
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    so scott, have a comment for my quote?
  • Reply 46 of 56
    scott_h_phdscott_h_phd Posts: 448member
    [quote]Originally posted by New:

<strong>so scott, have a comment for my quote?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Quote Arafat and then I'll comment.
  • Reply 47 of 56
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    The quote is BS. It doesn't matter anyway. Sharon was ELECTED. Arafat wasn't.
  • Reply 48 of 56
    Anyway, unless I missed something, I think Israel IS holding back with the Gaza operation as I suggested......we'll see what happens.
  • Reply 49 of 56
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    What SHOULD Sharon do right now? His party just voted, contrary to what Sharon pleaded for, that they did not want a Palistinian state. This will only make his job that much harder. looks like they are preparing for war.
  • Reply 50 of 56
    jakkorzjakkorz Posts: 84member
    [quote]Originally posted by NoahJ:

<strong>Gald I am not the only who thinks this quote is bogus. Even if I was the first to call her on it...</strong><hr></blockquote>

So is the cause of all this mess.

What we say is rightful, but what they say is wrong and must be referenced back to our civilized world.

What Arabs say is rightful to them.

What Israelis say is rightful to them.

What Americans say is rightful to them.

Arabs call opponents views propaganda.

Israelis call opponents views propaganda.

Americans call opponents views propaganda.

I wish one day I would wake up and people stop talking about other races and civilizations (as if there is any at present!) as if they are talking about an individual in contrast to millions of people with many different views.

Provocation never solves any conflict. That goes for all sides of the conflict (including US Congress resolutions delivered by hand to Sharon).

Violence will not solve the conflict either, nor will it actually stop suicide bombers ( if you are interested in arguing about this, kindly bring it up).

Finally, please, do not to nationalize Science.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    rashumonrashumon Posts: 453member
    [quote]Originally posted by Outsider:

<strong>What SHOULD Sharon do right now? His party just voted, contrary to what Sharon pleaded for, that they did not want a Palistinian state. This will only make his job that much harder. looks like they are preparing for war.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Neh.. this is just internal politics in the Likud party it will not really change much in terms of Israeli policies .. its not being properly understood by you ...
  • Reply 52 of 56
    [quote]Originally posted by jakkorz:

<strong>

Violence will not solve the conflict either, nor will it actually stop suicide bombers ( if you are interested in arguing about this, kindly bring it up).

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry mate , but this is a myth !

America's attack in Afghanistan did destroy the Talliban and Al Queda ... it clearly handicapped these organization's ability to repeat 911 attacks !

Israel's operation in the west bank has nearly stopped all attacks on Israelis in the 6 weeks since it started ... these are simple facts !

Terrorists must be stopped using different techniques to stopping regular armies but they can be stopped .. any problem has a solution !

Off course the real solution in the long term ( just like in any conflict) is peaceful negotiations and concessions that enable both sides to live in peace ... but it takes two to tango and until both sides renounce violence this can't happen ....

But the claim that you can't stop suicide killers is to commit suicide yourself ! think of the implications of this statement for all of humanity's sake ...
  • Reply 53 of 56
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by rashumon:

<strong>Neh.. this is just internal politics in the Likud party it will not really change much in terms of Israeli policies .. its not being properly understood by you ...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think you may be underestimating this. It shows that Sharon's political base doesn't want a Pal. state at all, which will make it that much harder for him to negotiate.

And most importantly, Netanyahu may be PM in a few weeks because of this.
  • Reply 54 of 56
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>

I think you may be underestimating this. It shows that Sharon's political base doesn't want a Pal. state at all, which will make it that much harder for him to negotiate.

And most importantly, Netanyahu may be PM in a few weeks because of this.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Believe me I know what I'm talking about ... it's a dud... it's a way for Netanyahu to bash Sharon in his political home ground .. Likud always does this .. LOL ( they are such an Idiotic party...)

But Sharon is still very popular with the Israeli public ( over 70 % approval ratings ) and he is a very solid politician who knows how to survive... this is just a semantics game .. its clear to all Israelis that a Palestinian state will be created .. the argument is about how far will it be able to have an Army and how much control it will have over Air space and these type of things... besides, there are no concrete suggestions on the table at this stage ( no negotiations going on..) so this is not really relevant anyway ... this really doesn't change a thing re Israeli gov positions ! do you know how many times Likud governments went back on their own partie's decisions ?
  • Reply 55 of 56
    rashumon:

Please stop reply-quoting with a separate reply for each person. Please address people, if possible, in one reply. Obviously I am not a mod, but I think everyone would agree this is common etiquette here.
  • Reply 56 of 56
    jakkorzjakkorz Posts: 84member
    [quote]Originally posted by rashumon:

<strong>

Sorry mate , but this is a myth !

America's attack in Afghanistan did destroy the Talliban and Al Queda ... it clearly handicapped these organization's ability to repeat 911 attacks !

Israel's operation in the west bank has nearly stopped all attacks on Israelis in the 6 weeks since it started ... these are simple facts !

Terrorists must be stopped using different techniques to stopping regular armies but they can be stopped .. any problem has a solution !

Off course the real solution in the long term ( just like in any conflict) is peaceful negotiations and concessions that enable both sides to live in peace ... but it takes two to tango and until both sides renounce violence this can't happen ....

But the claim that you can't stop suicide killers is to commit suicide yourself ! think of the implications of this statement for all of humanity's sake ...</strong><hr></blockquote>

If I may disagree here.

The media in the US still quoting officials of high ranks from around the administration about possible future terror attacks.

It is a "war on terror". Let us see where does that take us:

1. The list includes organizations dispersed throughout the world and of different religious, national, and ethnic backgrounds.

2. Qaeda network and their associates are also dispersed throughout the world.

3. Only few of those terrorist organizations are state supported.

4. The multinational arm forces in Afghanistan did not destroy Taliban nor Qaeda. They only took away their power over Afghani citizens. That is all.

5. OBL is not captured, and Omar is not Captured. Last I read Pakistanis are not cooperating with armed forces to conduct their assault on the Pakistani soil.

6. It is very possible that Qaeda and Taliban are only regrouping and reorganizing to perform the hit an run/hide tactics, which the media constantly reminds us of.

etc...

etc...

etc...

From the above, you should conclude that terror has not stopped. Further more, terror is mainly financed by governments, but organized by individuals. It is very common for such organizers to turn and bite the hand that fed them. No one as far as I know is cutting the source of terrorism (which is inequality and injustice).

So the solution would be picking those terrorists out of populations. I can not logically foresee how such a war could be financed and for how long?

Another solution would be to nuke the terrorist's suspected gathering locations, civilian casualties are just a misfortune. All sides think that civilian casualties are a misfortune anyway (Arabs, US, and Israel).

The last solution (will never be implemented) is to stop being a selfish nation and work multilaterally with the rest of the world.

Which do you choose? Is it possible to implement anyway with the current players?

Regarding the cease of suicide bombers from the West Bank, well you are right it ceased. But, it is a fire buried under the sand. If the sand is removed again the fire will come out. Then take into consideration that what Arafat is doing, not doing, promoting, or keeping silence about does not only threaten the existence of Israel. Broaden your view and you will see all Middle Eastern Thrones are threatened too, only by their own citizens. Jordan and Egypt both should be a prime example of that. Gulf States would follow.

It is too late to talk reason into all these stubborn politician's.

Provocation leads to violence and violence leads to vengeance.