Netflix app updated to support Apple's iPhone, iPod touch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Just got it up and running on my iPod touch. Awesome!
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by headshrinker View Post

Can you output to your tv with this app? I've heard you can do that with the iPad version. Anyone actually tried this?

I have, and at least from my experience, it's not a thing to do. Without breaking the VGA output down to composite or component, the connection to your TV is via the computer input. This limits the picture to the VGA aspect ratio and (on my TV at least) locks out all screen settings and adjustments, so any letterboxed movie is also going to be pillarboxed, and the colors and contrast set for computer output. Old 4:3 black and white movies look okay though. Not great, just not bad.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_Keeper_Fan_Mod View Post

Glad the app is out. lame that it's one of those not optimized for the Retina display. Kind of inexcusable that the interface icons aren't high res since this is shipping two months after the iPhone 4 release. I can understand all of their movie artwork not yet being optimized but the splash screen and interface? Lame.

I agree about the icons.

I find it interesting since getting iPhone 4, zooming in on the icons and seeing which ones are the old fuzzy ones and which the new.

For instance Apple's own "Remote" app, hasn't been updated. Perhaps we can expect to see a new remote app at the Sept 8th event? Also, it could be just my eyes, but a lot of the iTunes mobile app interface looks fuzzy even though the icon has been updated.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

When you stop being satisfied with mediocrity your world will vastly improve.

How do you ever manage to live up to your standard?

• Reply 25 of 33
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

tree fiddy.

Man, I must be getting senile as well as just old .... I had to google tree fiddy to see wtf you meant.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Just got home to try outputting to my tv with my belkin component cable adapter- the sound came through but there was no picture. Went into itunes on my phone and played a music video and sound and video were working fine. Anyone get this to work?
  • Reply 27 of 33
    tim68tim68 Posts: 17member
    All I know is Session 9 was one scary fucking movie. Cool to see it in their mockup.

"...And where do you live, Simon?"

"I live in the weak and the wounded, doc...."

Pooping my pants.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TalkingNewMedia View Post

You can output Netflix streaming on the iPad, I assume the same will be true for the iPhone.

Presumption - the mother of all eff ups. Nope. Doesn't output to TV.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I have, and at least from my experience, it's not a thing to do. Without breaking the VGA output down to composite or component, the connection to your TV is via the computer input. This limits the picture to the VGA aspect ratio and (on my TV at least) locks out all screen settings and adjustments, so any letterboxed movie is also going to be pillarboxed, and the colors and contrast set for computer output. Old 4:3 black and white movies look okay though. Not great, just not bad.

Cmponent out through my 'iPod app ' on iPhone is awesome. Visitors can't believe it's running off my phone. Netflix doesn't support video out from iPhone. FAIL.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 863member
    Netlix APP useful but not practical.

If I'm at home, I would rather stream the movie to my TV. I was out and tryed out the APP and in a period of 1 hour I used 50% of my battery charge. WOW, guess i'll have to watch shorter films So you really need to have your IPHONE connected to an outlet to really view for a while.

I also found the streaming to be flickering at the beginning and was not started immediately, it took a while.

Lastly, with ATT streaming may not be practical unless your in an area where the signal is constantly 3 bars or higher.

BOTTOM LINE: its only the first day of the APP and some updates may have to be made, such as a Queue mgr.

IF you already have NETFLIX look at the APP as a bonus viewing opportunity .

PICTURE QUALITY was very good on the IPHONE4 as was the sound.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    I'm keep in N'flix! This works great! I watched 'Rescue me' on the train home.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    tried several times to watch a movie

on my 3g

buggy, crashes, and then the movie doesn't show but the sound is in background

buggy buggy buggy
  • Reply 33 of 33
    Love it! I've been using Netflix on my iPad for a while, and now ... but the iPhone let's you watch shows pretty much EVERYWHERE!