PS2, GameCube or XBox

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    bryan furybryan fury Posts: 169member
    ive got 2 x ps2s and a gamecube..

the gc has excellent graphics via RGB scart

ps-2 suffers from jaggys - although in a game like GTA3 ( masterpiece ) - who cares ? The console - ? it still is pretty rough around the edges..most games suck

x-box -is ok - but game supports the thing & Nintendo & Sega have both agreed to secretly destroy first Sony , then Micro$haft.. get a GC

some AMAZING stuff on it & coming up

Star Wars - great ! Monkey Balls - Superb !

Beats Wars - VG , Luigi - Exc !

but wait til you play super smash bros melee !

JOY !
  • Reply 22 of 27
    masterzeusmasterzeus Posts: 111member
    [quote]Originally posted by macvasco:

<strong>I agree that the controller of the PS2 is the best one, well for me it is anyway.

So on a fairly cheap telly, which has the best graphics output?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Have you tried the gamecube controller? It is without a doubt the best controller I have ever used. A game like super monkey ball really shows off how accurate the analog stick is and it fits my hands so well. The PS2 controller is really good too, but I think the GC controller is the best. Don't even get me started on that gargantuan thing the xBox calls a controller. What were they thinking?

The gamecube has better graphics ablities. This makes sense since the PS2 is a year older. Just check out some of the screen shots and movies coming out of E3 of Super Mario Sunshine ( that mirrored, rotating platform is the most amazing graphics I have ever seen ), Metroid, etc. See <a href="http://www.cube-europe.com"; target="_blank">www.cube-europe.com</a> or <a href="http://www.planetgamecube.com"; target="_blank">www.planetgamecube.com</a> from screens and movies.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    MasterZeus;

I don't think anyone is doubting that the Gamecube has a better internal system than does the PS2. It's just that the game selection for GameCube is quite insular.

As for the controller, I've never liked Nintendo's analog stick. It's too firm. For driving games, the ability to have twin analog sticks is also a huge bonus.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    macfenianmacfenian Posts: 276member
    Yes I´ve used all three machines before. But at some mates´ houses so that´s why I feel the PS2 controller is the best. Could also have to do with the fact that I´ve used that more often so I´m more used to it though.

Anyway, thanks everyone. I think I´ve decided for the GameCube. With the games on it and the ones you mentioned coming, plus the price, plus the fact that HDTV is beyond my budget it seems the best option for me.

Once again, thank you very much. You have all been a great help.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I havve seen PS2 emulators on severs and around, do these allow me to play PS2 games on my MAc?

and how would they stack up if I can?
  • Reply 26 of 27
    finboyfinboy Posts: 383member
    FWIW, PS2 is the way to go, in my opinion. I just can't see taking the chance that the system will be unsupported in the future.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    soulcrushersoulcrusher Posts: 587member
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>WHAT!?!? How can you mention Solid Metal Gear without mentioned part 2??!! Part 2 rocks,</strong><hr></blockquote>

How dare you misspell the name of the ebst game series ever (apart from Shenmue)?

It is Metal Gear Solid not Solid Metal Gear.