Apple now offers HTML5-based movie showtimes, locations

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubert View Post

The next 3rd-party technology to be wiped off Apple's devices - Google Maps.

What other third party technology has been removed?
  • Reply 22 of 26
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sranger View Post

Looks pretty nice....

It is a shame that the rest of the web does not seem all that interested in moving to HTML5 at this time....

My studio and every development company I work with have been developing in html5 for over 18 months, we can only introduce new techniques and code as browsers begin to support them. Once again, internet explorer leads the way in holding development back.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    It didn't work when I tried it out, but there is no surprise, I always neglected for this kind of services.

The thing that did surprise me, in a positive way, was Safari asking me to allow the web page to use my location. I knew that this could be done since I downloaded Safari 5 but had never actually used it. It worked great by the way.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    love it
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubert View Post

The next 3rd-party technology to be wiped off Apple's devices - Google Maps.

Dare guess the date? the month perhaps? or year at least?
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Do we really think Apple is going to put out their own Map app that includes Street View? Do you think Apple is going to drive all around the world, as Google did, and take pictures?

Street View, for me, is fantastic.

I'm sure Apple is prepping a Map app in the event things go even more sour with Google and Google pulls the Map app after the license expires, but don't expect it to have the bells and whistles that Google Maps has.

Also, although I'm not in the US, I'm in Canada, I did pick a US city to view the HTML 5 web page and think it is impressive.