Apple now selling refurbished iPads starting at $449

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jabay79 View Post

I wonder if they are those Apple Store floor model iPads that have been molested by thousands of people? When the iPad first came out, I remember going to the Apple Store and I wanted to try them out and they were pretty disgusting covered in sweaty fingerprints. It would make anyone go all Howard Hughes afterwards. I don't know if that is worth a $50 discount to me. Kidding aside, I am still waiting for the 2.0 next year.

There is a note on the page saying they replace the battery and the outer case:
    We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a 1-year warranty.

All refurbished iPad models also include a brand new battery and outer shell.

Supply is limited and availability is guaranteed once we receive your full payment.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

and will also sell for $50, starting at $579 for the 16GB model.

That would be, "and will sell for $50 less than full retail…"
  • Reply 43 of 49
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

No one said reality was to be banned from the discussion.....not at all, and not my point at all.

There is a level of social decorum that should be respected, and that has been ignored and disrespected here.

It is kind of like going to a Giants game, and sitting in a section devoted to fans, where everyone is wearing orange and black, and talking up their team, cheering for the team, and making positive and negative observations on player, team, and manager performance. Then someone sits down right in the middle of the section, and first makes a comment that Pablo Sandovol is hitting like a first grader, and the manager (Bruce Bochy) should do things differently - at first, these comments are absorbed and discussed, and, most likely, you will get both agreement, and disagreement, and maybe some suggestions for improvement - all sociable and welcome discussion, even though the person does not wear a Giants hat for sure.

Then that same person starts yelling that Sandovol and Bochy suck, and that the Giants suck, so he has crossed the line, and starts getting much deserved attitude from the rightly insulted fans. They recognize that this is not the fun razzing that goes on between Giants and Dodgers fans, where everyone is having a laugh as they boo the other's players - this is different, and is not appreciated.

Hey, - a suggestion on improving Apple products, or an observation of competitors' products, is certainly appreciated, and is usually recognized as accurate, or at least, is challenged in rationale discourse. But when the issues are well known, and are repeated, AD NAUSEUM, the messenger has crossed the line, and should go sit in the other team's section - because we want to enjoy the game (primarily), and we discuss amongst ourselves the issues just fine without someone shouting obscenities our way.

YES - we KNOW: (no flash, no USB's, too heavy, antenna issues, not the same camera, a hobby, Job's insensitivity in the face of brilliance, etc, etc.). Repeating (no shouting) them will only make the listener reject the messenger as having ulterior motives, or has some real antisocial issues to resolve, and really just needs to get a life.

1. What shouting took place at the start?

2. The phrase "a hobby" started right at Apple from Steves mouth.

3. I don't know if Blackintosh is anti social or not and frankly don't care. Your post though demonstrates that you have serious control issues.

4. In my entire life I've been to one professional ball game. Frankly i was not impressed with the player nor the fans. So your example is worthless to me.

5. I wouldn't have said anything at all if it wasn't for the idiotic and ill advised responses that came almost immediately after Blackintoshs posting.

6. Any thread about refurbs is going to have comments about how and why the units got to the refurb store. Other wise Appleinsider should just post the story and lock out comments.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    If Apple would take $100.00 off the refurbished iPads then I would be interested. While they look nice I still find them overpriced for what the iPad can do. It's basically an oversized iPod Touch.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    Amazing that the good old folks at Apple are finally selling refurbished goods. The apple iphone 3G is the most recycled phone right now - . Think about all the people upgrading their devices... You may as well as buy the thing refurbished - Apple probably stands behind the thing with the same warranty and it costs less.
  • Reply 46 of 49
    All my Apple products, Ipod-three of them, Mac, Mac Book all refurbs not a single problem. I did buy my Ipad new but I would gladly use a refurb
  • Reply 47 of 49
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

So really if the guys comments reflect reality then why all the half a$$ responses. It is certainly a sign of immaturity if you can't accept comments on reality.

Nope. You and Blackintosh are floating a completely unsubstantiated theory that a lot of iPad returns are based on lack of Flash.

You haven't offered a single bit of corroborating evidence, yet you're now taking people to task for failing to fall in line with your "reality."

I can't find any real analysis for iPad returns (maybe because the return rate is low so it's actually not a very interesting topic) beyond the usual anecdotal individual stuff (oh, and "iPadreturns.com" which lists every aspect of the iPad followed by "sucks" but doesn't mention Flash) and a compendium of "biggest iPad complaints" from a site that claims to have sifted through reviews to get their list, and which also doesn't mention Flash.

If you're going to be cranky about "reality" it really is on you to provide some evidence.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Nope. You and Blackintosh are floating a completely unsubstantiated theory that a lot of iPad returns are based on lack of Flash.

You haven't offered a single bit of corroborating evidence, yet you're now taking people to task for failing to fall in line with your "reality."

I can't find any real analysis for iPad returns (maybe because the return rate is low so it's actually not a very interesting topic) beyond the usual anecdotal individual stuff (oh, and "iPadreturns.com" which lists every aspect of the iPad followed by "sucks" but doesn't mention Flash) and a compendium of "biggest iPad complaints" from a site that claims to have sifted through reviews to get their list, and which also doesn't mention Flash.

If you're going to be cranky about "reality" it really is on you to provide some evidence.

I did find one, pretty much irrelevant Twitter survey that was largely simultaneous with the iPad release, in which lack of Flash was a big deal, but this was coming from a non-iPad owning geek demographic, so hardly surprising, and unlikely to be particularly congruent with actual iPad wonders reasons for return.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    Down to $429 now. The 3G versions are (finally) in stock, too.