LG Electronics CEO resigns after smartphone struggles

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    The problem with super cheap Chinese Android phones is that they are super cheap.

There are always customers like me who don't mind paying extra for nice (=usually expensive) materials, fit and finish. And that is what Apple is doing as the ONLY hardware manufacturer throughout their product line. From high quality aluminum keyboard to iPad and iPhone made out of aluminum, stainless steel and glass. Same with their iMacs, notebooks and desktops.

Even if Android (or Windows 7) do more, as long as those systems run on cheap plastic abominations with cluttered buttons and logos, I'll pass....
  • Reply 42 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Who could have predicted years ago when the iPhone was introduced that Apple would single-handedly gut the entire cellular phone industry? Incredible what has happened and what continues to happen on a daily basis.

Roger that. Thank the Tech gods for the iPhone. It pioneered so much. For this, I will always be loyal to the iPhone.

Just think, we all might still be using 'Razors' (or whatever), version '10', or something.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    Thank you so much for you 2 great analytic comments, alexkhan2000. I have been reading AI for years, but had to log myself in this time to just thank you. Wish I could upvote your comments like in some other sites.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    alexkhan2000,

like other fellow forum members, I really enjoyed reading your posts today.

Cheers
  • Reply 45 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexkhan2000 View Post

I look at Apple's so-called "walled garden" and closed ecosystem like a planned gated community. It's clean, neat, organized, safe, convenient and is easy to get around in. It may not have everything of downtown city, but at least we are sheltered from the chaos, fragmentation, traffic, crowdedness, confusion, crime, disease, etc. What the Android and Windows crowd doesn't get is that there's a significant chunk of the population that are willing to pay more for that more "exclusive" and closed ecosystem user experience as long as Apple provides everything they need.

Excellent analysis. Really enjoy your posts also.