AT&T CEO says most iPhone users won't leave for other carriers

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by erybovic View Post

I am paying my $105 ETF with a big [B]FUCK YOU [/B]for shit service on the memo line of the check. Canceled last month, have a flip phone in the mean time, but I have not dropped a single call on Verizon.

AT&T can pound there ETF up there fucking ass. Echo, dropped calls, missed calls voicemails even with the stupid MicroCell that I had.

Well put. I am so sick of 1 bar no matte how I hold hte phone in the center of orange county its ridiculous- on Chapman campus for crying out loud!
  • Reply 62 of 66
    axualaxual Posts: 244member
    Dear ATT CEO -

Thank you Captain Obvious ... "most" users won't leave. Many will, including me if you don't get 3G turned on here in Michigan. Yes, that's right 3G ... not 4G ... but 3G ... you know, the network that Verizon and Sprint have had turned for ... oh I don't know, 5 years now.

Sincerely yours (NOT).
  • Reply 63 of 66
    I've been a customer of AT&T for quite a few years. I'm not a fanboy of them, or actually any of the carriers. My service is decent, but I'm perhaps fortunate that way. My perspective is 'what value is being provided' by the carrier. I currently use a basic phone and am waiting for the iphone to support LTE before I buy. It may or not be AT&T, we'll have to see. I don't like their sleazy sales people or their charges for the 'services' provided. Can't say that the services are worth what's be charged, but how do you realistically value them? If LTE comes through as advertised I just I might try them. AT&T & Verizon both have obscene termination charges. Its much better business to charge fair prices for good service and treat the customer well, that's how you attract and retain customers. Listen up Ralph....
  • Reply 64 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Shaking my head......these idiots.

They should not be emphasizing customers locked into long term contracts, people should want to stay with AT&T because they are dedicated to providing the best service.

Me and my significant other are out of contract. If VZW does get the iPhone and its service is far superior to AT&T. It would be difficult for me to argue to stay with AT&T.

Tenobell, how right you are. I'm just wondering why so many posts went up before somebody made this observation.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    AT&T's executives never fail to show just how disconnected from reality they truly are.

I will leave AT&T the second the iPhone is available on Verizon's network....and I will happily pay whatever early termination fee AT&T requires in order to use an iPhone on a network that actually works. The only reason I switched to AT&T from Verizon, after many, many years of excellent service on the Verizon network, was because of the iPhone. Many of my friends also have iPhones and all plan the same switch. In addition, some of my friends that still use Verizon haven't made the switch to AT&T because of the lousy service but will buy the iPhone once it is available on Verizon.

If I owned AT&T stock, I would short it. They're a joke.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tenobell

Shaking my head......these idiots.

They should not be emphasizing customers locked into long term contracts, people should want to stay with AT&T because they are dedicated to providing the best service.

Me and my significant other are out of contract. If VZW does get the iPhone and its service is far superior to AT&T. It would be difficult for me to argue to stay with AT&T.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drandel;

Tenobell, how right you are. I'm just wondering why so many posts went up before somebody made this observation.

Either the PR dept really fumbled the ball on this one or the person making the statements ignored them.

What business would even dream of openly saying, "Yeah we r teh best we got all da customerz because, THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE MUAHHA HA HA H AH HA!"