US Department of Justice orders Apple to end anticompetitive deals

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

From what I hear - I am not a lawyer - such non-compete agreements are tough to enforce, especially in states like California.

These kinds of unenforceable (illegal) termination contracts are common in the biotech industry too.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Loptimist View Post

that bubble will burst as soon as s. jobs is gone.

And then I'll buy stock cause it will go even higher than now once people discover Apple can actually grow & expand once out from under his totalitarian thumb.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Avidfcp View Post

Couldn't happen fast enough. Then maybe we can see decent i3-7 workstations not all consumer crap that ties your hnds to do pro work. USB 3 is out but as normal not for Apple. No dvr in atv, no br anywhere and no express slots hardly anywhere. Can't wait for him and his rainbow attitude ala pill paranoid state if mind to be gone. Ives is the man anyway. But spare me the words like magical when things wint play movie files unless purchased from igoons.

What's the point in a market research department if they come in, "we show 70% of buyers feel the availability of blu-ray on a computer weighs heavily on what they purchase." SJ - "Blu-ray is physical media, and physical media is dead."

Steve is right about some things but not all. Problem is when he is wrong he is reeeaally wrong and he sticks to his stubborn ways to the grave. Steve needs to retire, time fro fresh blood.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sippincider View Post

A 6+ figure salary isn't enough?

Glad we have the DOJ sticking up for the little guy.

It's called the free market, dude. If a guy making $500,000 wants to jump ship make a million, or have some bargaining leverage when he's signing a contract, he shouldn't be held back by collusion between Apple and Google or Microsoft and HP or Walmart and Target or the Yankees and the Red Sox, which amounts to wage-fixing.

By "sticking up for the little guy", are you saying that the little guy is Apple, and not the guy whose wages are being kept down by anticompetitve agreements between massive corporations?
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

The AI article notes: "The DOJ argued that the "no poaching" agreements resulted in collusion, which depressed wages. The often informal agreements "eliminated a significant form of competition to attract highly skilled employees."

Perhaps you are having trouble processing the language?

I have no problem processing the language. You have a problem processing the meaning of the decision, the scope of its intent, and the affected parties.

Headhunting is not a labor issue. It is a competitive issue.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Who is SJ's replacement? If Apple as a company has developed a healthy culture, the loss of the CEO should not be anything more than a speed bump.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

Who is SJ's replacement? If Apple as a company has developed a healthy culture, the loss of the CEO should not be anything more than a speed bump.

Probably Tim Cook.