New photos claim to show Apple's prototype CDMA Verizon iPhone

13»

Comments

• Reply 42 of 52
    Ok, can someone tell me how this is any different from a normal iPhone 4? (I don't have one to compare it to...)

If it has no noticeable differences, than this is not news. If it still is news, can I take a picture of my laptop in poor light with a crappy camera, slap an obnoxious watermark on it, and send it in as the G5 Powerbook?

C'mon, AI, you need a filter on this brain-mouth thing, or whatever counts as that for a news website.
  • Reply 43 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock View Post

Ok, can someone tell me how this is any different from a normal iPhone 4? (I don't have one to compare it to...)

If it has no noticeable differences, than this is not news. If it still is news, can I take a picture of my laptop in poor light with a crappy camera, slap an obnoxious watermark on it, and send it in as the G5 Powerbook?

C'mon, AI, you need a filter on this brain-mouth thing, or whatever counts as that for a news website.

Journalism is dead.

This is a really a rumor site, not a news site.If you want Apple news, try Cnet or Macworld.

You are right: any bonehead could have cobbled up some bogus "engineering diagnostic" screen on Photoshop and copied it to their iPhone and taken a picture of it under crappy lighting.

This photo reveals nothing.

Let's not get into the retarded arguments that the alleged SIM tray is for LTE. This is a GSM/UTMS handset. LTE is not coming to the iPhone next year. Frankly, I don't think LTE will come to the iPhone before 2013. The next logical step for network support is HSPA+, not LTE (especially since there are few operational LTE networks outside of the U.S. at this time).

The people who think this is a Verizon CDMA-LTE iPhone are nuts.
  • Reply 44 of 52
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Too bad the photo's are so crappy.

I like the red lighting though. It's kinda artsy! Except for the bloody annoying watermark.
  • Reply 45 of 52
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel21x View Post

The flaw that makes the phone lose signal strength when help a certain way.

Give up.

The Emperor's clothes are always of the highest quality and taste on this forum. Sometimes the cloth used is so sheer and fine it almost doesn't seem to be there at all, but this is just another sign of the magnificence of the Emperor that he can afford such exquisite and expensive materials.
  • Reply 46 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

About 14M people or so doesn't know what you're talking about..

Some of them 'don't' know, as well.
  • Reply 47 of 52
    Wow. I state a fact and instead of addressing the issue, sales figures are thrown in my face. When I hold the iPhone 4 while not in a case, I see a noticeable drop in signal strength, but hey million of people own one so who cares right? Apple is great and can do no wrong. Better?
  • Reply 48 of 52
    Quote:

Wow. I state a fact and instead of addressing the issue, sales figures are thrown in my face. When I hold the iPhone 4 while not in a case, I see a noticeable drop in signal strength, but hey million of people own one so who cares right? Apple is great and can do no wrong. Better?

If you were responding to my post, I was actually agreeing with you.

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/Empe...ew-Clothes.htm
  • Reply 49 of 52
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by friedmud View Post

Based on this it looks fake to me.... anytime there is any text on the screen it stand out horribly...

But maybe I'm misinterpreting....

Thanks for this.
  • Reply 50 of 52
    Quote:

The "flaw" is so incredibly minor comared to the other improvements that most users actually get BETTER reception with the iPhone 4 than with earlier iPhone models and competing smart phones. Yes, I have done side by side tests, I didn't just read this on an Android forum. If you would rather have worse reception all the time rather than have to avoid the grip of death, go ahead and buy something else. The rest of the world has moved on, perhaps instead of throwing old non-news in everyone elses face, maybe you should move on as well.
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Quote:

I have to call BS on this. Do you think Apple is going to copy the same design that has an antenna flaw?

It is definitively bullshit.

This explains why:

http://a-fink.blogspot.com/2010/10/r...ot-really.html
  • Reply 52 of 52
    Quote:

I have to call BS on this. Do you think Apple is going to copy the same design that has an antenna flaw?

You people are still around? 14 million iPhone 4s sold last quarter means that there is no Antennagate. Go away.