Apple to stream today's 'Back to the Mac' event live

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

The store is down already? Wow, that seems early.

I bet they are adding the new whatever's to the page and bring it back online so when Jobs says "It's available today..." people can hop on and order instead of waiting an hour or whatever like every other time....
  • Reply 42 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

WTF? Are you blind? Read the article. APPLE.COM! Jesus!

The link at Apple.com wasn't there when the article was up. It is only upped few minutes ago. Please be considerate...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Some of us, for one reason or another, will not be able to watch it "live". Be happy for what you have, not wishful for what you don't.

To refer to the post you're originally quoting.

Don't Apple TV have Internet browser? Opps... Typo. Mine is hacked I can watch it on my TV
  • Reply 43 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

WTF? Are you blind? Read the article. APPLE.COM! Jesus!

Chillax baby! Made me laugh!
  • Reply 44 of 56
    Everyone. Let's try this again.

Open iChat

Click File ... Go To Chat Room

Type

"appleinsider" (no quotes)
  • Reply 45 of 56
    As I sit here waiting for the live feed, they're playing the charlie brown theme song? Funny. NM....there it goes.
  • Reply 46 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Thanks.

I wonder why they don't put it on the main page and you have to navigate to events to find it.

There is a big link on Apple.com right on the home page.
  • Reply 47 of 56
    Is anybody getting the feed? 10:10am and the event started right on time, yet...

"Available shortly. Please check back soon."

Edit: DOH!!!! I was running FireFox. Move along... nothing to see....
  • Reply 48 of 56
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    So much for Apple pooh-poohing every competitor's products. It was short, but Office for Mac 2011 got some distinct allolades. Does that mean Apple is giving up on iWork?
  • Reply 49 of 56
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Is anybody getting the feed? 10:10am and the event started right on time, yet...

"Available shortly. Please check back soon."

I've been wtching it for 10 minutes plus. Did you refresh or trying go back to Apple.com and click the link?
  • Reply 50 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I've been wtching it for 10 minutes plus. Did you refresh or trying go back to Apple.com and click the link?

Anyone know what the feed address is to plug into VLC player?
  • Reply 51 of 56
    Gizmodo now has a stream:

Here
  • Reply 52 of 56
    Man that guy was nervous! Kinda scary having the camera close-up on his shaking fingers!
  • Reply 53 of 56
    Yes! Elbow!!!!!

Funny -- Elbow don't even have a Ping page because Guy Garvey HATES iTunes with a passion.
  • Reply 54 of 56
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Well that was different.

New iLife, but only three products made the show. Apple set off a whole firestorm on the net over HTML5 vs Flash, then forgot to upgrade their flagship HTML web editor.

iWork '11 is MIA. 50 billion in the bank and Apple is still kowtowing to a Microsoft Office release.

Lion looked cool, although I'm not sure MacOS still has the Finder for a face, if it still has a face.

The Mac has its own App Store, but this is largely administrative.

Everybody was downloading new apps anyway. Now we have a central location to download from.

Will this increase the number of Mac OS X apps? I have no idea.

The iSight is now the FaceTime Camera, presumably everywhere but the Middle East.

Apple's new MacBook Air brings back the 12" PowerBook to life, but there's no mention of LightPeak, or even USB3.

Overall an interesting event, but something seemed off to me. Can't quite put my finger on it though.
  • Reply 55 of 56
    Overall an interesting event, but something seemed off to me. Can't quite put my finger on it though.[/QUOTE]

it's called 'stagnation'. jobs seemed very not excited. apple is done. they aren't rebels or counterculture. apple is like granpa shopping at walmart for toy story 4 for his niece.
  • Reply 56 of 56
    ... because i get to see wonderful home movies of "the beautiful people?."