Sprint CEO says Apple's Wi-Fi iPad has boosted wireless hotspot sales

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Slower networking speeds + brilliant snarky ad campaigns = Everyone assumes they'll be the best.

Don't read too much into my comments, I'm merely pointing out that none of them have a lock on this, except maybe the marketing angle (which Verizon clearly does better than anyone else).

I'd much rather have any networking speed then have not signal. That's why I'm sticking with Verizon I don't know about you but if ATT works in your area then go with them In my area however it is not as good.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Seems like every one wants to sell the ipad .

ALL those big box stores and 4 big carriers and 40 of the smaller regional carriers will be selling some sought of data plan 3g or 4g with their ipad sale. And these same players are already filling the enterprise void and marketing sales of 100's or more to businesses. The iphone will be chucked wholesale or adopted or added to the over all SW plan of the business.The fact that ATT/SPRINT can write an individual specific program for a mid cap 500 company and allay their security fears is wonderful. AN sales of 25,000 will be common in 2 yrs.

And the large boys SAP SW IBM INTEL and at least 25 Gov'ts are seeing how this first phase goes . I guess USBless ipads be always be here. And Colleges around the country can chuck 50 million tons of text books and fill ipads with full semester lessons and books to support . A students ipad can guide him from day to day > class to class > test to test > on and on .......YOU see where I am going ? My rant is almost done . and this topic is old enough that not many will read the silly bruce p . >> Students 5 yrs from now will wonder how we ever got along with old an iphone ipad school branded organizer.

I see apple walking compete away from the ipad and letting the market guide how it will evolve. Just like the touch was frozen the ipad will be pliable in a wild west market of ever cheaper gigbyte plans and confusing 19 months deals w/ no contract . Sprint looks like the bad boy here and 7 eleven will surprise us all .

All 3g iphones and ipod touches will be scoured up from the Ebay type markets and collected for the 2nd off market bundlers . India already sells tons of iphones at 250 $ fully refurb by the dozen.The legacy market for anything APPLE is already big . Some old devices sell for more than the original price .

My only thing is why has the ipad not be counted as a computer ???

why is error type 11 gone?

why is the 2 classics being ignored 160g ipod 13in white plastic

why can't two or 2 or 3 types of naNOS EXIST IN TIME AND SPACE ON EARTH ON THE SAME DATE

what ?? Sorry I mean to say the fat boy nano is still fine and the last one was also fantastic just like the video less new one.

I am stockpiling extra devices right now for the day apple for no reason kills them off .

i say bring them back. I own 3 ipod classics and i will buy an unopened ipod fat boy soon.

The ipad will unify the whole apple ios mac pod phone world in one fell swoop

frak me the rant is way to long and CAPRICA IS READY TO PLAY

cheers big ears

companies will turn the olden devices into ipad controllers
  • Reply 23 of 26
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Nice one brucep. ...Played with a Samsung Tab just a few hours ago. Interesting, but after several seconds I got bored of it. The price tag is steep, shop here was trying to sell it at about, USD $850, you can get an iPad 32GB WiFi+3G for that price here.

Apparently in Europe it's ridiculously €730.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/19/s...0-if-bought-w/

Also http://www.informationweek.com/news/...SSfeed_IWK_All

"T-Mobile is pricing the Samsung Galaxy Tab at the same level that competitor Sprint is -- $400 with a contract. T-Mobile didn't spell out the exact pricing details, but its web site says the price for the Tab will be "as low as $400 with qualifying plan."

T-Mobile will likely follow the path laid out by Sprint, and sell the Tab for $400 with a data plan, as well as offer it for $600 unsubsidized with no plan. T-Mobile didn't confirm that, however."

Hmm... 7" and it feels a little plasticky. I'll pass, but then again I'm a deluded fanboy and hate Flash and the "Full Internet", etc. etc.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

ALL those big box stores and 4 big carriers and 40 of the smaller regional carriers will be selling some sought of data plan 3g or 4g with their ipad sale. And these same players are already filling the enterprise void and marketing sales of 100's or more to businesses. The iphone will be chucked wholesale or adopted or added to the over all SW plan of the business.The fact that ATT/SPRINT can write an individual specific program for a mid cap 500 company and allay their security fears is wonderful. AN sales of 25,000 will be common in 2 yrs.

And the large boys SAP SW IBM INTEL and at least 25 Gov'ts are seeing how this first phase goes . I guess USBless ipads be always be here. And Colleges around the country can chuck 50 million tons of text books and fill ipads with full semester lessons and books to support . A students ipad can guide him from day to day > class to class > test to test > on and on .......YOU see where I am going ? My rant is almost done . and this topic is old enough that not many will read the silly bruce p . >> Students 5 yrs from now will wonder how we ever got along with old an iphone ipad school branded organizer.

I see apple walking compete away from the ipad and letting the market guide how it will evolve. Just like the touch was frozen the ipad will be pliable in a wild west market of ever cheaper gigbyte plans and confusing 19 months deals w/ no contract . Sprint looks like the bad boy here and 7 eleven will surprise us all .

All 3g iphones and ipod touches will be scoured up from the Ebay type markets and collected for the 2nd off market bundlers . India already sells tons of iphones at 250 $ fully refurb by the dozen.The legacy market for anything APPLE is already big . Some old devices sell for more than the original price .

why can't two or 2 or 3 types of naNOS EXIST IN TIME AND SPACE ON EARTH ON THE SAME DATE

what ?? Sorry I mean to say the fat boy nano is still fine and the last one was also fantastic just like the video less new one.

I am stockpiling extra devices right now for the day apple for no reason kills them off .

i say bring them back. I own 3 ipod classics and i will buy an unopened ipod fat boy soon.

cheers big ears

• Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

cheers big ears

Once again, you are like a pinball, bouncing all over the place, but you are hitting all the targets -- ringing the bells and lighting the lights.

I suspect that the "p" in Brucep stands for Pachinko!

Aside: As to "why is error type 11 gone?"

I believe the error type 11 suffered the same fate as the legendary "No text associated with this error message" -- first encountered on IBM Mainframes after they committed the "IF-Gate" to silicon. The IF-Gate was designed to emit an impulse 1 picosecond before it received a triggering impulse -- the resulting branch displayed the message. A similar construct was later implemented (entirely in software) in MS-SQL Server,

One point you make is especially intriguing:

I see apple walking compete away from the ipad and letting the market guide how it will evolve.

I think that might happen, but it may not be Apple's choice:

Apple CEO Steve Jobs said of iPad's business momentum: "it's being grabbed out of our hands."

Enterprise, including: business; education; media; science; medical; military; government -- yes government are embracing the iPad.

Today, the iPad can deliver on the promise of OTPC ( One Tablet Per Child -- originally One Laptop Per Child).

Why wait?

OLPC delivered a total of 1,500,000 computers in 4 years at the best price of $200.

More iPads are being made in 1 month than OLPCs were made in 4 years.

Why wait?

The promise is for a $70 (maybe) OTPC sometime in 2012 (maybe). India is promoting a $35 (maybe) computer for 2011-2012 (maybe).

Today the iPad is built for $260 or less -- with economies of scale that cost could be much less.

Why wait?

Especially if countries can create jobs (and good working environments) to assemble, package, localize, distribute and maintain these devices and their ecsystem.

Especially if these devices can be used to educate citizens to be come employable assets of their countries (as opposed to burdens)

Especially if these devices allow individuals to realize their creativity, become self-sufficient, and contribute something back so others can stand on their shoulders -- say, creating art, science or writing apps and other training material -- or simply being a positive role model.

Why wait?

It may have already started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrp31fH-Jk

• Reply 25 of 26
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Once again, you are like a pinball, bouncing all over the place, but you are hitting all the targets -- ringing the bells and lighting the lights.

I suspect that the "p" in Brucep stands for Pachinko!

Aside: As to "why is error type 11 gone?"

I believe the error type 11 suffered the same fate as the legendary "No text associated with this error message" -- first encountered on IBM Mainframes after they committed the "IF-Gate" to silicon. The IF-Gate was designed to emit an impulse 1 picosecond before it received a triggering impulse -- the resulting branch displayed the message. A similar construct was later implemented (entirely in software) in MS-SQL Server,

One point you make is especially intriguing:

I see apple walking compete away from the ipad and letting the market guide how it will evolve.

I think that might happen, but it may not be Apple's choice:

Apple CEO Steve Jobs said of iPad's business momentum: "it's being grabbed out of our hands."

Enterprise, including: business; education; media; science; medical; military; government -- yes government are embracing the iPad.

Today, the iPad can deliver on the promise of OTPC ( One Tablet Per Child -- originally One Laptop Per Child).

Why wait?

OLPC delivered a total of 1,500,000 computers in 4 years at the best price of $200.

More iPads are being made in 1 month than OLPCs were made in 4 years.

Why wait?

The promise is for a $70 (maybe) OTPC sometime in 2012 (maybe). India is promoting a $35 (maybe) computer for 2011-2012 (maybe).

Today the iPad is built for $260 or less -- with economies of scale that cost could be much less.

Why wait?

Especially if countries can create jobs (and good working environments) to assemble, package, localize, distribute and maintain these devices and their ecsystem.

Especially if these devices can be used to educate citizens to be come employable assets of their countries (as opposed to burdens)

Especially if these devices allow individuals to realize their creativity, become self-sufficient, and contribute something back so others can stand on their shoulders -- say, creating art, science or writing apps and other training material -- or simply being a positive role model.

Why wait?

It may have already started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrp31fH-Jk

thanks dude

sorry for my dis jointed posts

so the ipad 2 is out !!!

and 8 out of 10 fortune 500 companies are making the the ipad/iphone their own .

and the medical world has already stated that the pad can and will stream line many of what they know do by way of phone or post it or whatever

live medical advice given across the world in a video format can and will save lives

i just got a fully load MBP 15'

fast fast graphics

Can't wait for the fedx man

the joke about error type 11 is that many of us typed 11

peace dude 9
  • Reply 26 of 26
    vesselvessel Posts: 4member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

With Sprint going the wimax route I don't think we'll ever see the iPhone on their network.

Sprint will eventually switch to LTE.