Top music industry legal executive leaves Warner for Apple

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by studiomusic View Post

Didn't the last settlement with Apple Corps. give Apple Inc. the right to do as they please and that Apple Corps. was licensing the name from Apple Inc.?

Yes. That's exactly how the last settlement played out, and now Apple Inc. can do anything music-related they want, including opening a record label called Apple.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DarkVader View Post

Yes. That's exactly how the last settlement played out, and now Apple Inc. can do anything music-related they want, including opening a record label called Apple.

That is great news, I wasn't sure about this.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jetlaw View Post

I think it is irresponsible journalism to state as fact, what can only properly be referred to as speculation. I don't doubt that it is accurate, but I do feel that stating things as though that have been officially substantiated when they clearly have not falls short of the duty that journalists owe their readers.

I have noticed it a lot more frequently on AI as of late, and couldn't hold my tongue any longer.

Just my .02 worth.

I think you mistake this site for a real news site. This is just a fan site, that tends to run a little more regurgitated trivia than other normal fan sites.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Can I patent the idea? LOL

My ideas was born of a little experience (I stress little). I owned an 1" 8 Track studio and acted as an agent in the 1970's as a part time business and recorded local bands. I even had a few minor successes (a number one in Ireland on some chart lol). However all my trips to meet with the London studios was eye opining to say the least. What ever week I had appointments to push a band they wanted to hear something exactly like what ever was number one that particular week. When 'that number one hit' was 'Radio killed the radio star' I gave up! If something like what I suggested was there then I would have gone full time for sure.

Well now you can again. Apple's model is to use distributors like FilmBaby or TuneBaby to filter out things like GarageBand loops. You just have to set yourself up as one of these.