Gartner: CEOs should ensure Apple's iPad finds a place in their company

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    And Mr. Prentice should keep his mouth shut. If Gartner wants to be objective then it should avoid comments like that in the first place.

We have enough stuff in corporations (and I worked for 11 of them in my career) that I need my CIO to tell me what to use and carry with me. In fact, I refuse to carry even company Blackberry - I pick what I carry and I expect company to offer solution/application to make me comfortable when I am mobile.

Thank you... but somehow I prefer Samsung Galaxy Tab for those mobile times. That does not mean that many may want something else, but I do not appreciate my employer to make suggestions or forcing me to carry what they want me to carry. No discussion. Period.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Wonder what the CEO's who bought into XServe have to say about Apple.....
  • Reply 23 of 27
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

I played with Galaxy Tab at trade show today. I never thought it would be good but it turned out much worse. The unit I played was unresponsive as hell. I mean just a simple search on Google page with local keyboard took like a minute for it to be ready. My wife loves it sheer small size and I think it's cool but all in all she walked away sweared would never look at Android again.

Perhaps it was running multiple programs in the background? Perhaps it was a demo unit?

Perhaps it was a lemon?

I had the complete opposite experience from what you had believe it or not.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Perhaps it was running multiple programs in the background? Perhaps it was a demo unit?

Perhaps it was a lemon?

Only the last is a valid reason for an unresponsive device.

The first implies that it should be unresponsive if you have multiple apps running. This is a design flaw with the OS if any and all apps can run until the device is unresponsive. Apple with iOS, Google with Android, and MS with Windows Phone 7 are taking this very real ceiling into into consideration.

The second implies that the HW vendor is not keeping an eye on their demo units. If this means the retailers selling their product, they are ultimately responsible because the result is ultimately a loss of a sale, perhaps forever. Apple has the same responsibility to AT&T and others that they contract with to sell their device.

I doubt that if it was a ?demo" unit that matrix07 was at some outside parties store who bought some through some other means. At that point the responsibly is on the vendor who likely isn?t getting a good deal and who himself would loss sales by offering a poor demo unit experience.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JulesLt View Post

This is an interesting one, because it's actually reminds me of the early days of Microsoft - where the company worked around the IT department, pitching the benefits of the PC to management, and then the IT department being forced to support the PC from the top.

(And it must be said that a lot of the IT departments criticism of the PC were true, just like their criticisms about mobiles are. It wasn't the IT department that led us down the Windows path).

However, I get the impression from our guys that IT people have decided to back Android - not on the basis of actual shipping products, but because the business model fits with their preference (one that is based on the long term experience that vendor lock-in causes problems). I think that's going to lead to some interesting conflicts, as people's personal experience of technology varies more and more from what is provided through work IT.

It would be odd for an IT department in a company that also has an IT Security team to back Android. (If you disagree with this statement, you are simply uninformed in the massive differences between iOS and Android in the Enterprise space and need to go do your own research..)
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Yeah... And all that after having slaughtered all corporate solutions at once and having no white iPhone 4 until next spring?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:

Posted by meyah - seo company north carolina

I can tell you this DO NOT USE Gary Laskey. He will just take your money and will be no help..... Please beware.

Can they suggest a great google seo consultant