T-Mobile US mysteriously begins selling Apple iPhone USB cable

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juandl View Post

I don't get it. Supposedly the iPhone is not capable of working with T-Mobile because the frequency is not in the phones chip. What do the Jailbreakers or T-Mobile do to make them work?

It works on their network, just not on 3G.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,588member
    It's also possible that T-Mobile will be selling a mofi device for this as Sprint does.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    dimmokdimmok Posts: 359member
    Apple Mobile....has a great "ring" to it.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:

This could also mean that Apple is trying to get T-mumble to sell this inventory for them so T-Mumble can start selling the old, Nokia handsets - probably 5-10 million of them before Nokia buys T-Mumble!!! So T-Mumble is becoming kinda like the e-bay of old telephony tech...hummm... warehouse prices for old parts with rust!! Come get a thousand today!!!

Looks like T-MUMBLE is about to crater.

AT&T is the one with the network that sounds like mumbling. T-Mobile here in denver, when I had my iphone on it for a short time (but the battery life issues with the unlock turned me back), had far better call clarity than AT&T. Enough that I could hear the difference, and people i talked to could hear how much clearer I sounded.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    That is only true for the faster network. 3G doesn't work on the iPhone on T-Mobile, but the slower network works fine. Or if you are like me, I have no data plan and rely strictly on Wi-Fi.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by juandl View Post

I don't get it. Supposedly the iPhone is not capable of working with T-Mobile because the frequency is not in the phones chip. What do the Jailbreakers or T-Mobile do to make them work?

• Reply 26 of 29
    juandljuandl Posts: 230member
    Thanks for clearing things up. For me at least.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    sipsip Posts: 210member
    Leftovers/production over-run of cables destined for the European market?

T-Mobile in Germany was Apple's preferred partner when iPhone launched there.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    mgl323mgl323 Posts: 247member
    HSPA+ iPhone 5 anyone?
  • Reply 29 of 29
    If it is for an iPhone, it's not for the iPhone 4. The plastic around the actual connector is too wide and won't work with the iPhone 4's bumper case on. It looks similar the Monoprice cables which similarly don't work with the iPhone 4's bumper case.