Briefly: T-Mobile cable, Mac OS X 10.6.5, iPad download speeds

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

No it's not. T-Mobile's GSM is a different frequency than AT&T's....Nice try though. Thanks for playing

Ermmm - care to explain how t-mobile carry the phone in several european countries then? I wasn't talking about the US network, which I am told will support my t-mobile iPhone when abroad in any case.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bwinski View Post

T-Mobile

After reports of T-Mobile selling an iPod and iPhone charge cable emerged Friday, a T-Mobile spokesperson told BGR that the cable is intended for subscribers using unlocked iPhones and European T-Mobile customers roaming in the U.S., quelling rumors that the cable indicated T-Mobile might begin offering the iPhone stateside.

"Select T-Mobile stores will soon begin carrying iPod/iPhone charge and Sync cables to support customers who may be using an unlocked iPhone or are traveling from outside the United States and using an iPhone while roaming on our network. T-Mobile carries the iPhone in Europe, so many people traveling to the U.S. roam on our network with their iPhones," said the T-Mobile spokesperson.

THIS quite frankly is the lamest of lame marketing ploy. We're gonna sell it because folks from Europe come to the states and will look for a T-Mumble store to buy a cable for their iPhone??? Are these guys really this stupid?? And average folks that have an unlocked iPhone are going to venture into a T-Mumble store for an iPhone cable.... truly stupid....

They'll make a good marketing partner when Nokia snatches them up to dump their handset inventory before closing it...

Once again a completely US centric attitude. T-Mobile are one of the largest cell phone networks in Europe (higher population, more wealth than the US), now partnered with orange. Their service, signal and 3G is exceptional, and they carry the iPhone. They're going nowhere. Many hardware and music shops sell iPhone sync cables - over here in the UK, HMV carry a range, but they don't sell the iPhone. This really is a non-story and your post is a massive over reaction. If t-mobile provide this product to the majority of their customers across Europe, why not just carry the same line in the US stores?
  • Reply 23 of 26
    that's just marketing BS...there are no true 4G speeds in the U.S., everything they are claiming are 4G spots are really 3G.. there is nothing in the U.S. that uses a true 4G bandwidth..

so if you believe t-mobile, sprint, of all places has 4G , then their are gullible enough to by non-iphone wannabes..

really so next year is sprint/mobile going to claim they have 5G speeds? then the next year 6G? lol..seriously.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crift2012 View Post

that's just marketing BS...there are no true 4G speeds in the U.S., everything they are claiming are 4G spots are really 3G.. there is nothing in the U.S. that uses a true 4G bandwidth.

There is no true ‘4G’ or ‘3G’ speeds, there is only ‘4G’ and ‘3G’ as defined by different organizations that you may or may not adhere to, hence the completely legitimate use by anyone for their specific marketing needs as they can define ‘4G’ and ‘3G’ as they wish just you, I and others have defined them as we wish.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    ouraganouragan Posts: 437member
    Quote:

The public release of Mac OS X 10.6.5, which is required to take full advantage of the soon-to-be-released iOS 4.2, is expected to come soon. iOS 4.2 is scheduled for a November release.

As anyone with a Windows computer knows, the second Tuesday of every month is Patch Day for Microsoft, i.e. the day on which all the non-urgent updates are issued for Windows, all supported versions of Windows, from Win XP to Win Vista and Win 7.

All the updates are issued on the same day so that corporate IT can set aside a day, once a month, to update every computer on a network, which disrupts regular work from employees far less than issuing updates as they become ready, any day of the month.

It would seem that Apple is adopting the same schedule, unless they prefer late Monday afternoon, just so that it doesn't coincide with Patch Tuesday...

• Reply 26 of 26
    I am also looking forward for new version of it.