PCWorld reliability survey: Apple 'smoked the competition'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    Cool. I've had plenty of problems with Apple hardware over the years, but I've rarely bought PCs so I didn't really know how that compared. It's nice to know that, statistically speaking, I've had less trouble than I would have if I'd invested in the Windows platform.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arlomedia View Post

Cool. I've had plenty of problems with Apple hardware over the years, but I've rarely bought PCs so I didn't really know how that compared. It's nice to know that, statistically speaking, I've had less trouble than I would have if I'd invested in the Windows platform.

Well, don't assume my anecdotes, even many anecdotes, construe "statistics". The proper way to compare overall cost of ownership would be to conduct a truly scientific analysis, and I'm not aware of any.

There should be, considering the broad economic effect PCs must have on business and productivity.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by john galt View Post

When consumers learn not to buy crappy products.

Thanks, it seems so obvious now!

Best
  • Reply 44 of 47
    In truth, both my 1200 and 1012 have performed flawlessly from the day I unpacked them, but not everyone feels the same.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OldMacGuy View Post

In truth, both my 1200 and 1012 have performed flawlessly from the day I unpacked them, but not everyone feels the same.

Do not stop
    the video until you've heard the last four seconds!
  • Reply 46 of 47
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    What this seems to mean is that an issue could not be resolved during a phonecall and required further action e.g. dropping into a store, arranging a repair, etc.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Okay, is it just me or does anyone find this a bit weird. In this survey, 8 out of 100 people had a problem that "could not be resolved".

• Reply 47 of 47
    Wow cheers people... So far this past month this is the first thread I've experienced where we've been able to actually have a meaningful discussion. Oops... Maybe I've jinxed it by saying this.