Apple adds 12 more patents to lawsuit against Motorola

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

Here, let's put your quotes in the right order since you are the only one who can't comprehend them:

But you already claimed:

And, here's the link to it, since you can't believe it yourself:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...75&postcount=7

There's absolutely nothing contradictory in what I said. All that is clear from your post is that your reading comprehension stinks.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    I posted on Sunday or Monday, but there is no evidence of this on AI.

Was it removed ?

If so, why AI ?
  • Reply 63 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

There were significant rumors that Motorola wanted more money from Apple than anyone else - which would be a violation of their agreement and Apple would not have to sign such a license. The fact that Motorola admits that they had lengthy discussions confirms that.

This sounds like your assumption. What significant rumours have there been? I haven't seen any proof in the press of this. It may just as well be the other way around. Actually it is more likely the other way around since two big established players are stating the same: Long negotiations on F/RAND terms, which Apple refused. Both lying?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

If Motorola offered Apple FAND terms, then Apple's answer would have been 'yes' or 'no' - and there would have been no need for lengthy discussions. Even if Apple asked for better terms, Motorola's answer would have been 'no, because we can't do that under our license agreements with others'. The fact that there were lengthy discussions can ONLY be explained by Motorola asking for more from Apple than they get under FAND.

Your yes/no logic is quite simplistic. Can ONLY be explained... Come on. You have more imagination than that. The world and business life is extremely rarely that black and white.

One of the favourite arguments on this site is that Apple as a listed company cannot go and lie in their court statements. Aren't Nokia and Motorola big listed companies? They both state that lengthy F/RAND negotiations with Apple failed as Apple didn't want to pay.

Unless you've got some data to prove your assumptions? I would love it if there were any. That would make visiting here even more worth while.

Regs, Jarkko