Alleged next-gen Apple iPad cases suggest rear camera, SD card slot

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    I doubt that it will only have one camera. It's possible it will have two. One front facing. With the rumors that it will be a lot lighter due to a new shell it might not be so cumbersome to take pictures with it. Although you will look silly taking pictures with something that big in public. Reminds me of the humongous camcorders back in the 80's.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Guys, a thinner edge on iPad 2 would mean the speaker would have to be moved back. That's all this is.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

It could also just be that it's a carbon fibre back this time with a more curved profile so the speaker holes have to be more on the back than on the edge this time.

Looks like I'm not to only would round hear with some brains.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

the case i was privy to also included an opening for a propeller shaft.

A propeller shaft? You sure that case wasn't for the MacBook AIR ?
  • Reply 45 of 47
    I'm surprised no one suspects or wants these to have a mag safe charger as an option. I think it would be nice to have one, but would probably require the ipad to be thicker still.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Speaking purely as a share holder in this instance, I sure hope all this industrial espionage doesn't hurt iPad sales over the holidays! The other thought is maybe these backs are not for an iPad at all but I guess the dock size makes that unlikely ... so fake maybe? The changes do seem rather predictable though although I still struggle to imagine holding one up to take pictures. I can see the complaints already ..."Man falls off cliff due to wind while holding iPad up to take picture."

You can say that again. I remember when MacBook pros mac pros would hold their Vaule. Now some are worth next to nothing. Mbp in just several years and the 2.93 2009 keeps up with the 12 core. Most articles say to stear clear of the new 8 core 2.4 and get the 3.33 quad the sweet spot. Until they can ramp the speeds to 4.0 and have 1 CPUs maybe and 16 cores. Megahertz matters again.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

On that note I'd like to know why Apple puts the camera in the corner instead of the top center (in portrait mode) when others do put their cam in the center.

I always figured it was so when you hold the phone in landscape your fingers to cover the lens. In portrait it really does not make a difference being an inch off center.

Like usual Apple thinks about things where other companies just add whats easier