Apple suppliers say iPad 2 to have front and rear cameras

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkJones View Post

And there's a weird opening too, my guess it's for various ports; Ethernet, USB, SD perhaps?

http://gizmodo.com/5710405/what-is-t...d-ipad-2-cases

Multiple case colors?

Ethernet - no way. Apple wants everything to be wireless.

It is for folded USD bills.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Except for FaceTime usage cameras are meaningless on an iPad like device...

As someone who received their iPad on that opening Saturday, I agree. What my iPad really needs is an expresso maker -- that would be the perfect addition.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Except for FaceTime usage cameras are meaningless on an iPad like device.

Shooting video, editing in an iPad version of iMovie, taking pictures...

Yes, completely meaningless.

d to spill the beans on the internals.

Quote:

I'm expecting iPad 2 to double performance

Keep dreaming.

Quote:

so whO would even bother with the old unit if they knew a 2X more useful machine is already announced.

April 2011. Easy.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    cmf2cmf2 Posts: 1,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkhm View Post

You mean exactly as they did with both the original iPhone and the iPad?

You mean exactly how they didn't do that for the second, third and fourth generations of iPhones?

They had to announce the originals early because FCC certification would have let the cat out of the bag if they didn't announce it first.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkJones View Post

And there's a weird opening too, my guess it's for various ports; Ethernet, USB, SD perhaps?

http://gizmodo.com/5710405/what-is-t...d-ipad-2-cases

Multiple case colors?

Let's keep this simple shall we?

The cutout is where the speakers are! Just look at the current iPad.

Man all it takes to generate those pics it take a current case and drill/punch out a "camera hole" put them in plastic and shoot pics. The only thing we are missing is a story about an elevator or a drunken meeting in a bar.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktmracer View Post

I would tend to think that the cases/covers are not legit. I say this because remember when the IPHONE 4 came out, there were no cases that were based on exact specs of the phone. There were no specs released. So why would there already be cases made for the next gen iPad.. Just my thoughts on the matter

You get a cookie for being level headed!
  • Reply 26 of 27
    If I had to guess, I'd say the next iPad could be in stores by early February but there is an advantage for Apple to let rumours circulate that the new iPad is going to hit stores in April. You see, if consumers think Version 2 is four months away, the current iPad will continue to sell well. If, on the other hand, it was thought that a new iPad could be as little as roughly six weeks away, many would delay buying one.

So it pays to keep 'em guessing and have sales stay robust through the entire version run. It becomes less of an issue as the product matures but right now a lot of consumers are no doubt looking forward to a rather dramatic update. Afterwards, the new versions will less dramatically build on the iPad's resume of attributes.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

Rumors. garbage, worthless hearsay.................Thats all these rumors add up too. there's no substantiation to any of this.

Cameras would be a given in an upcoming new IPAD. However be assured that the new IPAD will pack something really good in it.

Wings, wings! It will have wings...