Google Android stalls, remains tied with Apple's iOS in ad impressions

124»

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robodude View Post


    When has this site posted positive Android news (at least without some sort of spin)? Android nor Microsoft news is valid, but they'll keep posting it up!



    Your question was answered in a previous post. However, your opinion on what it's valid for them to cover is of no consequence. It's entirely valid for them to cover whatever they damn well please. If you'd like a site that restricts coverage to certain topics, feel free to start your own.
  • Reply 62 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webarnes View Post


    Read my entire post before replying.



    But to save you the work, I'm commenting on the negative attitude.



    It's their web site, their editorial point of view. If you don't like it, you are free not to read it. As I mentioned in another reply, if you want a web site that adheres to your sense of what should and should not be covered and how, go start your own. Complaining about what AI covers and how they cover it is like saying you don't like it when the New York Times prints an article that makes the President (any president) look bad.
  • Reply 63 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    If there are a lot of negative articles about Android recently, it may just be that there's a lot of negative news to report about Android recently. You weren't complaining when they posted articles about Android market share going up. I don't see why you are now blaming the messenger for reporting on Android's woes.



    He's a total hypocrite!
  • Reply 64 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webarnes View Post




    But you're ignoring the point of my comment.







    Fandroids are all alike. Coming here to bash Apple. How typical.
  • Reply 65 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    No, you're suggesting that negative Android news is, in general, not a valid topic for AI. We've never seen you on here complaining when the news was positive, so why are you complaining now?







    Android fans are freaking right about now. Their entire world is coming crashing down. Gotta love it!
  • Reply 66 of 73
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member


    deleted

  • Reply 67 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    Your question was answered in a previous post. However, your opinion on what it's valid for them to cover is of no consequence. It's entirely valid for them to cover whatever they damn well please. If you'd like a site that restricts coverage to certain topics, feel free to start your own.



    Of course it's of no consequence, but thanks for the reminder. I was merely expanding on your own observations, so I'm not sure where the "start your own site" nonsense came from.



    And yes, I guess this type of article is limited to Dan, since as you say there in fact do seem to be some positive articles on Android.
  • Reply 68 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Obuolys View Post


    Fandroids are all alike. Coming here to bash Apple. How typical.



    You assume I'm an Android user. I never once said that, nor did I bash Apple.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    It's their web site, their editorial point of view. If you don't like it, you are free not to read it. As I mentioned in another reply, if you want a web site that adheres to your sense of what should and should not be covered and how, go start your own. Complaining about what AI covers and how they cover it is like saying you don't like it when the New York Times prints an article that makes the President (any president) look bad.



    If a reader felt that the New York Times did not live up to certain journalistic standards, the reader would be free to comment on it. I'm fairly certain that people do complain about it (I don't live in the US and have never read the Times letters to the editors page, so I couldn't say for sure).



    Likewise, AI runs a website, they post articles and ask for comments. It seems silly to assume that the comment form/forum can only be used to agree with them.



    Let me ask you this: if AI posted a series of articles titled "Reasons why Android is better than iOS and why Windows 7 is better than OS X" and you disagreed, would you comment?
  • Reply 69 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webarnes View Post


    ... Let me ask you this: if AI posted a series of articles titled "Reasons why Android is better than iOS and why Windows 7 is better than OS X" and you disagreed, would you comment?



    That isn't the question, the question is whether I would tell them they have no right to post them. I'm afraid I have to agree with an earlier poster about you.
  • Reply 70 of 73
    Boy this is a weird thread. Posters coming and going and comments coming and going, missing comments, etc. Just sayin'. Weird LOL. Back to you
  • Reply 71 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webarnes View Post


    Setting aside comments about nerds, grammar, and whether women prefer iPhone or Android, it does seem to me that AI is running an awful lot of negative posts about Android.



    Note: This is my first post. I have been reading AI for about 18 months (since I got my first Mac) but I haven't felt the urge to comment strongly enough to register for the forum.



    I read this site for news about Apple, patent filings, Mac features and tips. I don't read it for weekly (and lately, nearly daily) rants about why Android isn't as good as the iPhone. I've skipped over it for months, but it bothers me. Why the constant negativity?



    I've looked at some Android blogs and they all write like they're kids on Christmas morning. They're so excited about Gingerbread (hehe, good timing) and getting games that have been on the iPhone for months or years. AI lately feels bitter, angry and (most of all) defensive. It's like you can't stand seeing people excited about tech. And it's rubbing off on the tone of almost every article.



    There is no joy here except in reconfirming that Apple is still on top. But where does that get any of us? I don't work for Apple, most of you don't either. Why should an iPhone owner be so obsessed with attacking some other person's phone choice?



    Someone is going to reply to this and say: "Android users always talk about what their phone can do that the iPhone can't". But that's to be expected. The iPhone is the stick against which all other smartphones are measured and probably will continue to be for quite a while. It's no reason to be so negative.



    [Edit] Island Hermit made a good point: the current article is not a great example of negative attitude. This comment is in reply to the previous comments and not so much in reply to the article.



    Let me tell you why we post as we do, a long time ago I changed from M$ to Apple because of my terrible experience with windoze, unfortunately I still have to use this pile of crap at work.

    I hate it with a passion, but I have no choice.

    Also don't like having 3rd degree burns when I pick up my MBP because of that other pile of crap that is called Adobe Flash. I have turned it off, and now my MBP runs cooler and quicker.

    I kick myself that I didn't do it earlier. I don't care for those Apple-haters who still refuse to accept the facts that Flash is shit. What further proof do they need ?

    Google as a company I despise for their sneaky under-handed way they steel confidential information and try to pass it off as a mistake, really ? I'm a programmer, what sort of programmers do they employ there, retards ?

    I especially don't like being targeted by ads, did you read the article about the guy in England who lost his laptop, when it was returned there were ads specifically targeting him to purchase a new laptop ? The only way Google could know of this is if they sniffed his private emails. To prove this wasn't his paranoia, the same thing happened when he was searching for a Lawyer via emails to friends. Do no evil ? Thats what the communists proclaimed in the USSR.

    As for Android, I have really no feelings one way or the other, except that they are competitors to Apple, hence I want them to fail, but Apple being super successful, imagine what products we would have. Apple was in the dumps, and yet came out with the idevices, just imagine what they could do with no pressure on them.

    I have never used an android phone and will never use one, I have read enough about them and no need to regurgitate their failings and very poor design/user experience.

    Now lets get to the heart of the matter, I don't go on android or M$ friendly blog sites, I have no need, why should I ? I go on Apple-centric ones like AI. For information mainly.

    What I really hate is those Apple-haters who have parked their carcasses and refuse to move.

    Always comment with personal attacks on Apple fans and would you believe it Steve Jobs, why do they do this ? They are never articulate and I think are pimply 15 year old nerds who cannot get girl friends so play with their phones instead, so sad.

    I just want them off our site, thats all.
  • Reply 72 of 73
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member


    deleted

  • Reply 73 of 73
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,709member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webarnes View Post


    AI seems to be slipping away from being a platform enthusiast site



    AI is a platform enthusiast site.



    It's all the non-Apple enthusiasts assholes who are compelled to point out how much superior they are to the elitist Apple enthusiasts that cause the continual problems
Sign In or Register to comment.