Do you flash your lights to warn fellow motorists of a speed trap?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    Here in Oregon we have insanely low speed limits. The freeway going from downtown Portland all the way to the beach is 50mph :eek: It isn't any better anywhere else in the state either. The highest speed limit in the state is 65 and that is about a 20 mile stretch between Portland and Salem as well as a couple other places. Basically all the speeds on Oregon highways should be 10mph higher. Goddamit.

[ 07-11-2002: Message edited by: G4Dude ]</p>
  • Reply 42 of 43
    [quote]Originally posted by Gregg:

<strong>Moogs, it amazes me that people can't figure out how to be sneaky. If you're speeding, set your cruise control. If you see a cop, stand on that "coast" button to slow yourself down. Stay off the brakes. sheesh! If you got shot before you saw the cop, you're dead meat anyway.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Taking your foot off the gas doesn't do the same thing? If you have a manual you can just down shift.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    Scott, sure. I use the cruise because it's harder to maintain my speed with my foot, not because I'm lazy. The do it yourself method can have you really flying before you know it. But, yeah, taking your foot off the gas pedal is equivalent to standing on the coast button.