Apple allows previously banned 'Camera +' back into iPhone App Store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    moewmoew Posts: 41member
    The app store is so fragmented when it comes to app approval. Why is Apple so fragmented?
  • Reply 22 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

I wish I'd realized the "VolumeSnap" feature was removed before I upgraded this. I hope I still have the older .ipa in Time Machine...

If you haven't emptied your trash yet after the update, it should still be in the trash can.
  • Reply 23 of 34
    They made such a big promotional push for this app when it first came out that I'm really amazed how long it took them to get it back in the store after it was pulled. It would have been a simple matter to remove the volumesnap feature and resubmit way back in August, but instead they decided to wait, leaving it out of the store for 4 months while they worked on a new version? Sounds like a poor business decision to me...
  • Reply 24 of 34
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I’ve been wanting Apple to make Mute toggle switch into a button that also can be depressed. I think this would make for a more natural way to snap a pic, to mute a call, or to engage voice control. Two of these would make usage in the pocket pretty natural, IMO.

At least those pictures of the inside of your pocket are easy to delete.

Yes #2 always worked that way, I just thought it was a good tip because that way you can take self portraits with the rear camera, you know while holding the the camera at arms length with your other arm around girlfriend/wife. Still kind of difficult - careful not to drop the iPhone when you release the button. Also when taking regular pictures you'll shake the camera a lot less than a tap and can stay framed better, not having to take you eyes off the subject to find the button.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I still think that there were two excellent camera ideas floating around:

1.) Make the entire camera preview screen the shutter button. Of course now with zoom and focus it makes that a bit complicated.

ProCamera does this. In ProCamera, it's called Full Screen Trigger. There's also an option for Full Screen Anti Shake, which is handy. In Full Screen Anti Shake Trigger mode, the shutter button becomes an anti-shake override.

Placement of the zoom options is also far less annoying in ProCamera.

Also, ProCamera saves the pics you take in the camera roll where they belong instead of putting them in a silly lightbox that requires the extra step to move them later.

Camera+ is becoming a good camera app, but the latest update of ProCamera is much better.
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Anyone else besides me kinda feel iffy about Tap Tap Tap and Camera+? I mean, I don't believe Apple ever "banned" the app. Rather, they pulled the app because the developers thought they could sneak one past Apple and violate their SDK rules and developer agreements. Tap Tap Tap could have reposted a new version of the application at any time sans the offending code and that would have been that. Instead, they have been playing games and milking the press for a crap load of free publicity.

I bought the app long ago, before all this meltdown, and I have to say I rarely use it. Just seems too gimmicky. Had I known all this would happen, I probably would pass on the app under principle. I just don't feel comfortable with this company or its app.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yuusharo View Post

Anyone else besides me kinda feel iffy about Tap Tap Tap and Camera+?

Does anyone really care?

If Jobs is going to be so tight he can make diamonds poop out, then what's the point? This Apple fragmentation of approval is getting supercilious.
  • Reply 28 of 34
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    I'd love a dedicated shoulder button for launching the camera app and to trigger the camera shutter once it's launched. Think of all the candid moments you could capture if a photo was only two button presses away from any screen.

On-screen software controls are best for most applications but definitely not for the camera shutter and games that are designed with console controls in mind.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    Why does Apple care if you can use the volume buttons to take a photo? It's not like the volume buttons are used for anything else in the camera app.

Might as well allow the buttons to be used for whatever you like.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post

Why does Apple care if you can use the volume buttons to take a photo? It's not like the volume buttons are used for anything else in the camera app.

Might as well allow the buttons to be used for whatever you like.

Because you'll get CONFUSED!

I'll bet there's a patent out there. All the moto droids have a camera side button, which works perfectly.
  • Reply 31 of 34
    You guys, I just found this new camera app that has this volume-snap Easter Egg!!!
  • Reply 32 of 34
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOEW View Post

Does anyone really care?

If Jobs is going to be so tight he can make diamonds poop out, then what's the point? This Apple fragmentation of approval is getting supercilious.

You should probably leave the use of both clever petard hoisting and big words to those better equipped to deploy them.
  • Reply 33 of 34
    I'm so confused. I pressed the button, expecting to control the volume on my.... camera.

And to my utter surprise, it snapped.... a picture!

WTH?

• Reply 34 of 34
    Dear Steve,

The Camera + Volume snap feature will make users (who know how to operate a camera app) confused?

Touching a screen on the moment of shooting a picture.

Now that's stupid and confusing!!