Amazon, Apple, LG launch new app stores, Google Chrome Web Store dries up

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    "Android is an open platform ? and entities other than Google are free to create their own content and marketplaces"...

This is because Google is eager to use its web search and freeware as platforms for web ads and AdMob ads. Ads are Google's biggest source of revenue by a huge margin. And if other entities like Amazon and Verizon create their own marketplaces to distribute adware, Google is happy.

Android is adware. Pure and simple. Google has no interest in paid apps succeeding on Android Marketplace. Google's product isn't Android. It's you, the customer, and Google wants your eyeballs on AdMob ads.

Peter Vesterbacka goes on to say this about Android: "Open but not really open, a very Google centric ecosystem. And paid content just doesn?t work on Android.?

There are many articles with this quote. Just Google (oh the irony) "Peter Vesterbacka interview."
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

p.s. Any developer out there working on an instant Troll blocker extension yet?

Once you've logged in to this forum, go to the User CP tab at the top, then select "Edit Ignore List." Then enter the name(s) of those whose posts you want to hide (ignore). Then you won't see those posts. I hear that vBulletin (the host of this forum) is working on a related option that shows you how many viewers have added you to their ignore list. I can't wait to see mine!
  • Reply 23 of 28
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 24 of 28
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Are you advocating that OS X be limited to only the apps in the App Store?

Of course not. I never even remotely implied that. Nice try though.

However, as a one-stop shop to get an app, I'm all for Apple staying at the helm. I will have a much better feeling of "security" knowing that Apple tries to ensure that whatever comes out of their store and onto my machine has their stamp-of-approval compared to the junk and drive-by-malware that infects the Android Marketplace.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    aeolianaeolian Posts: 189member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HahaHaha321 View Post

Of course the author of this post needs to make an excuse as to why the Safari Extension Gallery hasn't been popular. Yet he slams the other ones. It's true that it hasn't been advertised, but neither have the other ones! It's such a double standard.

I honestly never even knew it existed until about a few weeks ago. Still haven't checked it out because I knew the App store was coming.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    stourquestourque Posts: 364member
    I don't get why people buy this crap. People bought windows computers because they thought every thing had to be 'compatible', or they thought macs were too expensive. But with mobile devices these arguments don't wash. An iPhone can be had for $150; so what if somebody offers 2 for 1. I just don't get it.

Google is becoming more and more synonymous with crap. They just want to give everything away, then plaster it with ads like a european hockey player. No thanks, I'll pay the dollar for the ad free version. I'm even beginning to question the integrity of their searchs.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    deleted
  • Reply 28 of 28
    deleted