Verizon says it will also sell Apple's iPad with integrated CDMA

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 41
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

I don't think I could have been more clear but I'll try again. What I'm sure VZW wants to provide is a device that works on their CDMA network in the USA and common networks outside the USA where their customers may travel. Frankly, if this doesn't meet the criteria of "Global Ready" I don't know what does. They couldn't care less if an iPad they sell runs on AT&T's network. I seriously doubt their customers do, either, as long as they have data connectivity in France, China, Israel, etc. in addition to their home base of the USA... which I'm sure they will. If this view is wrong then say, for the first time, why.

• Because Verizon doesn?t control Apple?s product line, Apple does.

• Because it would defeat any reason to offer alimited ?world mode? iPad for Verizon, a 3G iPad for everyone else, and WiFi-only iPad.

• Because if we?re talking about smartphones, then there are space, cost, and power usage restrictions that make this something that never before been done in an iPhone sized smartphone.

The only way this can work is with Gobi -and- being done in the iPad. If we get 3 iPad models and one is a ?world mode? iPad that only has the 2100MHz UMTS band then I?ll apologize.