Earnings Preview: Apple could beat revenue estimates by $2 billion

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    this is a rare chance to buy aapl with a built in 10% bounce



    buy buy buy



    apple can do no wrong





    peace



    9it was




    Bought on the dip.



    Surprised it was so small and so short-lasting!



    No hedge fund stampede.



    Anticipate runup after earnings call.



    Go Steve, Tim, Apple, AAPL, Steelers!
  • Reply 22 of 29
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


    Bought on the dip.



    Surprised it was so small and so short-lasting!



    No hedge fund stampede.



    Anticipate runup after earnings call.



    Go Steve, Tim, Apple, AAPL, Stealers!



    I stayed out so far - I think we will see a bigger dip later this week. Andy also makes a good observation about a general market correction.



    BTW, I think the team you are pulling for is the Steelers although a team named the Stealers would be interesting (I guess it would be no worse than a team named the Bandits).
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by penchanted View Post


    I stayed out so far - I think we will see a bigger dip later this week. Andy also makes a good observation about a general market correction.



    BTW, I think the team you are pulling for is the Steelers although a team named the Stealers would be interesting (I guess it would be no worse than a team named the Bandits).



    Thanks for the heads-up.



    My late wife, Lucy, was from Ambridge (a steel town suburb of Pittsburgh) -- AIR, there was some guy who played football from Beaver Falls



    Anyway, I corrected my post! Had I not done that, Lucy would come to me in my dreams and say:



    Yah-RIG-na-RUNT!
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Nice job Andy...



    EPS: 6.29 (Andy) 6.43 (Actual)

    Revenue: 26325 (Andy) 26740 (Actual)

    Gross Margin: 38% (Andy) 38.5% (Actual)





    Why are you always underestimating Apple!
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lolick View Post


    Select:



    A) "Now while I don't doubt this report is likely to be well received by investors and Apple will probably pop on the report in after-hours despite Jobs' health related leave of absence,I think the stock is likely to sell-off a bit within a day or two after its report."



    or



    B) "The Steve Jobs news won't help matters very much either. In fact, I think it's even possible that Apple could be immediately sold-off on great earnings given the humongous run it has had since August."



    Given that all bases are covered, in 5 or 10 years you will be able to write that you were correct!



    I don't need 5 or 10 years. Classic sell the earnings pop. The "even possible" immediate sell-off didn't materialize. Why is 'even possible' immediate sell-off important? Because people should hedge for the possibility that Apple could have opened down today. That way if it pops up, you sell the pop and remove the hedge.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Serendip7 View Post


    Nice job Andy...



    EPS: 6.29 (Andy) 6.43 (Actual)

    Revenue: 26325 (Andy) 26740 (Actual)

    Gross Margin: 38% (Andy) 38.5% (Actual)





    Why are you always underestimating Apple!



    I don't know. I keep trying to overestimate but they keep kicking my butt!
  • Reply 27 of 29
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andyzaky View Post


    I don't know. I keep trying to overestimate but they keep kicking my butt!



    Well, you are finally getting some competition from the paid analysts who seem to be peeing themselves to set the highest estimates.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by penchanted View Post


    Well, you are finally getting some competition from the paid analysts who seem to be peeing themselves to set the highest estimates.



    The "they" refers to Apple. Analysts missed by $2 billion. They're nowhere to be found.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andyzaky View Post


    The "they" refers to Apple. Analysts missed by $2 billion. They're nowhere to be found.



    I knew that you meant Apple.



    I was referring to the recent spate of forecasts for the current quarter - the analysts seem to finally be stretching a bit. Then again, you may think they are still being too conservative.
Sign In or Register to comment.