Verizon posts first iPhone 4 ad without ever showing phone

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I’d call any ad that prominently lists a company name as part of the advertising as their ad, even if they weren’t involved in the campaign since they clearly allowed it at some level. I believe Droid was licensed to Verizon, not to a particular vendor, which also points to that being a Verizon ad. It’s also a decent ad (for what it is) which means it can’t be a Motorola ad.

I think the Misfit Toys ad predated Verizon having the Droids on their network.

Right, Verizon's been building on the idea that the iPhone is sort of a gay/bubblehead/fashion accessory to Droid's macho murderous robot, so I'm wondering what the new thinking looks like.

What would be really cool if they continued to run the same Droid ads at the same time, pitting the two platforms against each other in some kind of cage match. Maybe they could borrow the I'm a Mac/I'm a PC format, with the iPhone a pretty girl and the Droid a half crazed psychopath.

"Hi, I'm an iPhone"

"GRWWWWLLLLEEEEERRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOO" (punches iPhone in face, begins to shoot the place up while shrieking obscenities).
  • Reply 42 of 42
    I think it should have said "for the millions of those that sold their soul to Verizon, their loyalty will finally be worth it."

Seriously, I'm glad for Verizon and Apple, but we got out from under Verizon's lair a couple of years ago, and we are very happy with AT&T. Granted we don't live in NY or SF, but other than that, I don't see what the big hoopla is. It's about the phone, not the company I pay my bill too. We are very happy with AT&T and we get a discount through my work to boot. Didn't get that with Verizon. No intention to switch.