Universal GSM-CDMA iPhone 4 bumper spotted at Apple store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Duplicate post
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applenewbie View Post

I am beginning to believe that apple will surprise us all in February when we discover the verizon phone is actually the 5g with a dual band phone gsm/CDMA.

The FCC filings say otherwise, so this isn't happening.

Quote:

And that verizon has paid apple a wad of cash to be the exclusive provider for the new phone until it releases it to it's other gsm partners in June.

The contract for Verizon is non-exclusive. The new contract for AT&T is also non-exclusive.

Quote:

Makes no sense to me that apple would produce a CDMA phone only for a four month run and risk ticking off a lot of new/ verizon customers who have waited patiently for the iPhone when they obsolete those phones four months later.

Guess what they did with the iPhone 2G in countries that weren't the United States? I'll give you a minute.

Quote:

That would Also be a bad way for verizon to "reward" it's customers who loyally waited for that phone when the could just as well have bolted to AT&T over the last three years.

Doesn't matter. It's the iPhone. People will buy it anyway. Anyone who cares will wait. Millions won't.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The FCC filings say otherwise, so this isn't happening.

I haven?t seen any report from the FCC, but it makes no sense to not announce a quad-moe (CMDA/CDMA2000/GSM/UMTS) chipset if you actually have one that will work for all the bands and fit into that device.

Quote:

The contract for Verizon is non-exclusive. The new contract for AT&T is also non-exclusive.

The whole of the contract is non-exclusive, but that doesn?t mean there aren?t aspects of the contract that are exclusive to Verizon.

Quote:

Guess what they did with the iPhone 2G in countries that weren't the United States? I'll give you a minute.

Why do you have to jump in with sarcastic remark? I understand if you?re in a heated debate but you start off on the offensive. Do you have some past with him I?m not aware of?

Why not explain that LTE isn?t widespread, the chips for phones are new, thus large and power inefficient, and that CES didn?t even showcase any new phones that are as small as the iPhone that contained LTE chips, or that it most likely won?t be feasible for Apple until 2012.

Quote:

Doesn't matter. It's the iPhone. People will buy it anyway. Anyone who cares will wait. Millions won't.

His point on this is also off. Those that want the iPhone can get it now, those that want to wait can wait. I don?t get his reasoning that?s it?s a slap in the face to finally offer the choice to customers. The sensible people said that the only way this could be released was after the holidays due to the excessive demand not allowing for a release along with the current iPhone at this point.

We won?t even know if the CDMA iPhone will go G5 until they demo it. It all depends on the factories' ability to produce and the components they can get ahold of. Personally, I think Apple will have it the iPhone CDMA within a month of the GSM model.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Which SPECIFIC Apple Sore carries the Bumper? Would like to buy one today!
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dafnordad View Post

Which SPECIFIC Apple Sore carries the Bumper? Would like to buy one today!

All of them. I wouldn't see why it would be a "specific" store.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    nirnir Posts: 1member
    They use a thick gauge wire than most and the plastic on the 3.5mm plug is too thick to fit with the Bumper in place?

Thanks,

Nintendo 3ds