Verizon exec says unlimited iPhone data plans available for a limited time

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    If AT&T doesn't also offer unlimited data plans during these '90 days,' they're as dumb as everyone thinks they are.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post

I don't know how anyone can get by on 200-250 mb of data a month.

I guess if you don't surf the web for more than 2 minutes a day and don't check email more than twice a day and then don't download any attachments. Sure does not male for a smart smart phone.

Oh, and don't even thing about streaming even one bit of data.

My Palm Treo has a 5MB plan..lol. And I share it with my wife.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    jcozjcoz Posts: 251member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

Plan doesn't change when the contract period expires. What sucks is I'd have to drop my grandfathered data plan to turn on tethering. I have the original unlimited with the iPad too. I'd eat up the capped plans in no time during MLB season.

Why not consider JBing then? When 4.3 comes, the option will be in your phone/ipad, just a question of turning it on.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jcoz View Post

Why not consider JBing then? When 4.3 comes, the option will be in your phone/ipad, just a question of turning it on.

Gonna hold out a bit and see what competition in the US market yields. * crosses fingers *
  • Reply 45 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ampang701 View Post

If AT&T doesn't also offer unlimited data plans during these '90 days,' they're as dumb as everyone thinks they are.

No, it's just collusion, as has been previously stated. Nothing more complicated than that.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Is there any precedent for Verizon "converting" an unlimited data account to a capped account? I am nervous that their admission of the temporary nature of the unlimited feature will leave the subscriber committed for 2 years to a plan that they had not planned on. That is to ask: what if they cap the "uncapped" plan that I purchase with the phone?

Would such a conversion constitute grounds for separation which would release the subscriber from the onerous ETF penalty?

DB
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbiker View Post

Would such a conversion constitute grounds for separation which would release the subscriber from the onerous ETF penalty?

Absolutely. Zero doubt about that, which is why they won't do it.