Pixelmator reports $1 million haul from Mac App Store in just 20 days

13»

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 52
    davdav Posts: 116member
    apple should buy pixelmator.
  • Reply 42 of 52
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post


    I'm not sure Final Cut complies with the current rules. Doesn't it install proprietary codecs outside the package and perhaps extra video hardware drivers and stuff all over the system?

    The same goes with Logic? It's pretty much a package, but Apple Loops and presets are installed elsewhere, aren't they?

    Perhaps the app store can allow apps to move/ install files on first run? As long as they are deleted once the app is removed?



    But I thought all Mac software was just "drag it to the trash to uninstall". Now you are saying that this is not even true for Apple's own Mac applications?
  • Reply 43 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar View Post


    But I thought all Mac software was just "drag it to the trash to uninstall". Now you are saying that this is not even true for Apple's own Mac applications?



    For most Applications it is. Some Applications have Preference Kexts however for example, or Cache Files. Those aren't deleted by just moving the <Insert Name Here>.app file to the Trash. Those stay.



    AppZapper helps deal with those however.



    Deleting with Mac OS X is easy, but not as secure as with Windows. The Windows "Uninstall" removes Files a lot more accurately.
  • Reply 44 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar View Post


    But I thought all Mac software was just "drag it to the trash to uninstall". Now you are saying that this is not even true for Apple's own Mac applications?



    I don't think that's what he's saying. Dragging to the trash never has removed all associated app files, only the ones that actually matter. The truly fastidious will want to dig through the Library folder for related Application Support and Preferences files. A waste of time, but some people seem to feel compelled.
  • Reply 45 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Implied View Post


    For most Applications it is. Some Applications have Preference Kexts however for example, or Cache Files. Those aren't deleted by just moving the <Insert Name Here>.app file to the Trash. Those stay.



    AppZapper helps deal with those however.



    Deleting with Mac OS X is easy, but not as secure as with Windows. The Windows "Uninstall" removes Files a lot more accurately.



    And is only necessary because of the sloppy way Windows handles application installations, not just by scattering related files all over the place, but also by modifying the Registry.
  • Reply 46 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Implied View Post


    Oh Apple is greedy. If not greedy at the very least Control-Freaks.

    Custom Screws on all their Products, overpriced Desktops (For the 3000$ it costs to buy a High-End Quad-Core iMac I can buy a Machine with double the power. USB 3.0 included), no ability to upgrade Hardware minus RAM, sometimes Hard Drives. The MBA is almost entirely soldered for example.



    Yeah, not greedy, they just adore overpricing all of their products.



    Man your arguments are so lame, I am not even going to bother to argue the merits of Mac vs PC to you as it will be a total waste of my time. But I will leave you this thought.

    Window users think they will live for ever hence don't care if they waste their precious time on constantly fixing their systems.

    Yeah I know, you never once had a problem on yours right ?

    Plus you have been using Macs for ages and know all their faults, so Windows is the best.

    I meet your kind everyday and the ignorance and lies are just so obvious.

    May I suggest that you leave AI, as it is for Apple lovers.

    P.S. That is why the iPad is cheaper than the 7 inch Samsung (although more than twice the screen size), and the iPhone is priced similarly to other smart phones. Tell me what are you actually talking about in your post.
  • Reply 47 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Implied View Post


    For most Applications it is. Some Applications have Preference Kexts however for example, or Cache Files. Those aren't deleted by just moving the <Insert Name Here>.app file to the Trash. Those stay.



    AppZapper helps deal with those however.



    Deleting with Mac OS X is easy, but not as secure as with Windows. The Windows "Uninstall" removes Files a lot more accurately.



    SO WRONG. Why do you lie ?

    The registry is not cleaned out, this is FACT. That is why, over time, it gets filled, corrupted, and the boot times increase, AKA Windows rot.

    I use M$ crap at work, and supported Access, MS SQL Server DBMS and configured OBDC connections, to name just some, so I think I know what I am talking about, unlike you.

    In the vast majority of Apple software, drag to the trash is sufficient to un-install, you don't know what you are talking about, which is typical.
  • Reply 48 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post


    SO WRONG. Why do you lie ?

    The registry is not cleaned out, this is FACT. That is why, over time, it gets filled, corrupted, and the boot times increase, AKA Windows rot.

    I use M$ crap at work, and supported Access, MS SQL Server DBMS and configured OBDC connections, to name just some, so I think I know what I am talking about, unlike you.

    In the vast majority of Apple software, drag to the trash is sufficient to un-install, you don't know what you are talking about, which is typical.



    And as usual flamers only see what they want to see.



    Note I wrote For Most Applications it is. Other Applications however, leave behind Preference files, Caches etc. These are not deleted by moving <Insert App Name Here>.app from the Applications Folder to the Trash.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post


    I meet your kind everyday and the ignorance and lies are just so obvious.



    Thank you for lovely extensive insulting. Loving this board already. Nice display of how you treat other posters.



    Was expecting more from one of the oldest Apple news reporting sites left. Must be what, over 12 years now I believe?
  • Reply 49 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Implied View Post


    And as usual flamers only see what they want to see.



    Note I wrote For Most Applications it is. Other Applications however, leave behind Preference files, Caches etc. These are not deleted by moving <Insert App Name Here>.app from the Applications Folder to the Trash.



    Speaking of which, I guess you missed the part where it was pointed out that removing these files is not necessary, or simply chose not to respond.
  • Reply 50 of 52
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post


    Dragging to the trash never has removed all associated app files, only the ones that actually matter. The truly fastidious will want to dig through the Library folder for related Application Support and Preferences files. A waste of time, but some people seem to feel compelled.



    Quote:

    And is only necessary because of the sloppy way Windows handles application installations, not just by scattering related files all over the place, but also by modifying the Registry.



    So when a Mac user wants to completely remove an application and all its components from all locations, he is being anal retentive and wasting his time. But when a Windows user just deletes the application's main folder from the "Program Files" folder and leaves other pieces behind, which causes no harm, it is because Windows is a mess. Do we have a double standard here?
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar View Post


    So when a Mac user wants to completely remove an application and all its components from all locations, he is being anal retentive and wasting his time. But when a Windows user just deletes the application's main folder from the "Program Files" folder and leaves other pieces behind, which causes no harm, it is because Windows is a mess. Do we have a double standard here?



    No, we have a different problem. The difference is the Registry, the Achilles Heal of Windows. If it gets fouled up, which is common enough, you're probably looking at a complete reinstall of Windows. The Mac does not have this issue. I have nothing against people who want all traces of trashed applications removed from their Macs. I'm simply making the point that running an uninstaller is very rarely necessary, since all you are risking is a loss of hard drive space, and normally very little of that.
  • Reply 52 of 52
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post


    The Mac is clearly a large untapped market. All that was needed was a way to reach it.



    Nuns are untapped.
Sign In or Register to comment.