Survey shows potential for 25 million Verizon iPhones in 2011

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archos View Post

You seem to like saying that opinions have a problem with "follow through," but the same can be said, on the other side, of snowballing momentum. There are far more people buying the iPhone than there were people originally "expressing interest," not the other way around.

That's another fact you don't like because it doesn't support your fundamentalist assertions about the future of Android.

A rational look at the outlook for the industry is "fundamentalist"? I own an iPhone, I still recomend it over Android to anyone who asks my opinion. I am hardly an Android fanboy, but I am educated on the industry, and business and marketing in general, and I see 25 million verizon iphones in 2011 as extremely unlikely, as does EVERYONE else with a clue who has looked at the data. You don't see Verizon or Apple prediciting those numbers either.

Get some help, you need it.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post

25 million unlimited-data-plan users....hmmm....there goes that network.

Why? Only 2% of the AT&T customers with unlimited data used more than 2gb/month. I doubt the Verizon customers will be any bigger data hogs. Plus, the unlimited data is for a limited time. Verizon will likely cut that long before the 25 million phones are sold.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Few points.

1000 people is enough for a survey.

This gain in Market share for Apple has to come at the cost of somebody else, most likely Android.

This, won't be a slowing but a reversal of Market share.

Apple will scale up to demand (and in China eventually)
  • Reply 24 of 32
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AIaddict View Post

A rational look at the outlook for the industry is "fundamentalist"? I own an iPhone, I still recomend it over Android to anyone who asks my opinion. I am hardly an Android fanboy, but I am educated on the industry, and business and marketing in general, and I see 25 million verizon iphones in 2011 as extremely unlikely, as does EVERYONE else with a clue who has looked at the data. You don't see Verizon or Apple prediciting those numbers either.

Get some help, you need it.

This report contradicts you. 25 M is 7 M per quarter. Hardly extraordinary.

And, Apple expect to double their Market share.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Wow talk about pent up demand.....

90% of Verizon smartphone owners (which presumably includes all the BB and Android users) want to get an iPhone.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archos View Post

If the iPhone never existed, Android would be offering a device equivalent to the 1997 Windows Mobile and Palm Treo phones that it was originally designed to copy. Why anyone would prefer that sort of Android phone to a Treo or BlackBerry is hard to say.

Android is only notable today because Google was quicker to copy Apple than RIM, Palm, and Microsoft. If it hadn't had Apple to copy, there'd be no Android as we know it.

Well said, although the android apologists still cannot get this simple FACT through their thick skulls. The arrogance and audacity of the original poster is bone chilling.

The current Android phone is a very poor copy (quality wise) of the iPhone, this is FACT, their original phone looked like a typical blackberry, this is also FACT.

Its amazing how many of these android fans still believe that Apple copied them and not the other way around. Truly amazing.

Quote: If you cannot innovate you copy, but you copy badly because you never innovated in the first place.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Only 3 M were ordered for verizon for FEB Launch.Rest has to wait.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    The day of the Verizon iPhone announcement, we conducted a mobile survey asking current AT&T iPhone users whether they were planning to switch.

You can check the results here:

http://www.slideshare.net/davidrom/v...cribers-switch
  • Reply 29 of 32
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by romaindavid View Post

The day of the Verizon iPhone announcement, we conducted a mobile survey asking current AT&T iPhone users whether they were planning to switch.

You can check the results here:

Self promotion redacted

That is one PATHETIC slideshow!

Oh and welcome to AI
  • Reply 30 of 32
    lowepglowepg Posts: 106member
    I cant wait for the actual release- all the conjecture is getting boring.

And, I dont think Android is going to get crushed my the next Iphone. I think blackberry is going to take a major whack though.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    dsectdsect Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Without iPhone there would have been no Android, at least not one that wasn’t mirroring the Blackberry.

Andr-iOS
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I do agree in that if the iPhone never existed, Android would be the only system I would use. I'd just be shaking my head in disgust with the system model being similar to the mess that is Windows. It's a very distant 2nd place choice for me. As long as Apple keeps improving and polishing iOS, they will have me as a happy consumer.

I don't think Android is going anywhere anytime soon. In the worst-case scenario, Google would abandon it for whatever reason, it'll go into the public domain where then everyone would get their hands on it and hack to system so it's only Android by name, but fragmented beyond compatibility.

That's what is probably most worrying, or should be from the standpoint of an Android developer. In much the same way as the iPhone was a "happy accident" on the way to developing the iPad, Android seems to have been conceived as a placeholder for Chromium, and may well be ditched in favour of Google's real vehicle for its Cloud strategy. Having secured its position in the mobile advertising world with the acquisition of AdMob, Android may well be viewed by Google as a bonus asset to be discarded as soon as any suggestions arise that it may become a liability (e.g. the Oracle-JavaME litigation).

The worst-case scenario as described above may well come to pass, but in that case the greater benefit would accrue to JavaME, to which developers would most probably return with the rich toolset methodology gleaned from Android.