Apple releases iTunes 10.1.2 with fixes, support for CDMA iPhone

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple on Thursday released a maintenance and stability update for its iconic iTunes software that delivers a handful of improvements in addition to support for the soon-to-be-released CDMA-based Verizon iPhone.



"iTunes 10.1.2 syncs music, movies, and more with iPhone 4 (CDMA model) and provides a number of important stability and performance improvements," the company said in a brief set of release notes.



The software is currently available via Software Update and the company's download website in distributions for both Mac OS X 10.5 and later and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


    The software is currently available via Software Update and the company's download website in distributions for both Mac OS X 10.5 and later and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.



    Say by by to WinXP?
  • Reply 2 of 17
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 759member
    Yeah UMTS 3G often uses Code Division Multiple Access so that's a really confusing designation to call the Verizon variant the "CDMA model"...
  • Reply 3 of 17
    I would think that something was wrong in the world, if there was not a 50+meg monthly iTunes download.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Palm Pre Plus (CDMA) is supported again?!
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdlink View Post


    Say by by to WinXP?



    It doesn't support 64bit WinXP. 32bit should be fine.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    boeyc15boeyc15 Posts: 986member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdlink View Post


    Say by by to WinXP?



    Apple Website says supports XP.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    itunes on a 64bit windows 7 shows as running in 32bit in the task manager. This is after downloading the itunes 64bit windows version
  • Reply 8 of 17
    zoolookzoolook Posts: 657member
    I bet it still doesn't fix the issue where the iPad video libray doesn't update on the first sync.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    iTunes loads my cover art more quickly! I still have to scroll through the entire list CAREFULLY, making sure to stop on every row to make sure they all actually load, but it's faster doing it.



  • Reply 10 of 17
    Why does iTunes need an update to talk to a CDMA phone? Does data piped through the dock connector care how the phone talks to a tower?



    Maybe it's only updating the iPhone image that is displayed in the Summary tab of iTunes.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post


    Why does iTunes need an update to talk to a CDMA phone? Does data piped through the dock connector care how the phone talks to a tower?



    Maybe it's only updating the iPhone image that is displayed in the Summary tab of iTunes.



    It reports itself as different hardware than the current iPhone 4. I wouldn't be surprised if iTunes blacklists ALL USB connections that aren't specifically known iDevices to prevent another Palm fiasco.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob_06 View Post


    itunes on a 64bit windows 7 shows as running in 32bit in the task manager. This is after downloading the itunes 64bit windows version



    Just a few functions are 64-bit (burner driver), but the program as a whole is 32-bit.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    mgl323mgl323 Posts: 247member
    Successful download is successful.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post


    Why does iTunes need an update to talk to a CDMA phone?



    Verizon phone is running a different OS version.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgl323 View Post


    Successful download is successful.



    As long as a bad download doesn't say Unsuccessful download is unsuccessful...
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    iTunes loads my cover art more quickly! I still have to scroll through the entire list CAREFULLY, making sure to stop on every row to make sure they all actually load, but it's faster doing it.









    Has been nagging me for years, as well. Why is it so hard to implement proper caching of album art?

    \
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Typical Apple product update readme:



    "It's better. Trust us."
Sign In or Register to comment.