Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak says white iPhone 4 shipping soon

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    Woz NEVER said that. Where do they get their information from. I was at the Engadget show yesterday and he never said that. He said it it imminent because of the recent rumors that he read on Engadget. Even Nilay Patel from Engadget said its not true.

Quote:

Woz didn't say the white iPhone was coming soon based on inside info -- he also said he "just reads Engadget." We'll post the show soon

https://twitter.com/reckless/status/32135659485401088
  • Reply 22 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

Didn't stop you from buying one, evidently.

no, but it does stop me from using the phone without a bumper.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

A white iPhone would make possible hardshell cases in different colors.

I'd rather Apple bring back the Black MacBook than bring on a white iPhone4 quickly approaching it's shelf life.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 25 of 35
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Flash photos taken with the black iPhone 4 are also fogged. That's been my experience with 2 black iPhone 4s, so I expect the performance is within Apple's specs, even though the pics look pretty bad.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

Why is he still allowed to go out and do interviews without a handler?

Uhh, the First Amendment?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

At this point, Woz has marginalized himself to the point of no return.

Depends on the meaning of "marginalized."

Woz has no managerial skills or ambitions to have any and doesn't need the money. His engineering skills are many generations behind and I doubt he's going back to school (tho' he still enjoys tinkering at the edges).

But he was a key founder of one of the most iconic corps in the country's history, is famous, a pleasant enough guy, talks to people who are still movers and shakers, still a bit of a prankster, and seems to enjoy a little press at times.

I never take anything he says too seriously, but if he shows up on screen in front of me, I'll watch and occasionally smile. And thanks for that first Apple forever, W.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Flash photos taken with the black iPhone 4 are also fogged. That's been my experience with 2 black iPhone 4s, so I expect the performance is within Apple's specs, even though the pics look pretty bad.

Yeah - my experience also, but I hardly have to use the flash anyway, with the HD pics being so good without it.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

Why is it that no one has mentioned that the previous white phones showed scratches very easily, when compared to the black phone (I owned both a black 3G and a white 3GS), and the white 3GS looked like crap when I sold mine on ebay to upgrade to the iPhone 4. I wonder what the "new" white paint job will look like once the normal wear-and-tear scratches start to show?

Probably because the white iP4 has it's white underneath the glass on the front/back - its not made from white plastic the same as the 3GS ...

Jon
  • Reply 29 of 35
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post

IS WOZ GETTING ACCESS TO SENSITIVE COMPANY INFO? WILL HE COME BACK TO APPLE? Someone with real info please enlighten us

What if with Steve's health issues and all Woz would come back as a consultant of sorts? Possibility?
  • Reply 30 of 35
    Does this mean that the 5g phone is near? Cannot imagine Apple bringing out a white 4g phone at this point...
  • Reply 31 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freddych View Post

no, but it does stop me from using the phone without a bumper.

You might try holding it another way. Think different!!
  • Reply 32 of 35
    I know a number of people that are waiting for the white iPhone, if/when it comes out i think it will do well.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applenewbie View Post

Does this mean that the 5g phone is near? Cannot imagine Apple bringing out a white 4g phone at this point...

It will be blue; Johnny Ive will declare that white is dead and you will buy it too.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    Any more news about when is the white iPhone 4 coming out?

Thanks