US Smartphone adoption hits 31%, Android, RIM, iOS evenly tied

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

Apple is being a bully right now - leveraging their pile of cash and riding their 'first kid on the block' innovation. They just woke up every other tech company in the world - the collective minds of the rest of the planet.

The competition isn't going to stand still. The 'closed ecosystem' didn't win out last time... even thou it was vastly superior in every way... what makes you think it will this time?

Blowback - could be around the corner if Apple stays on their greedy path.

You appear to dislike Apple for some reason.

The collective minds of M$, Dell, and the army of cheap Chinese clone stealers ? Yeah right.

The competition has been standing still and are still standing still, hang on my over the horizon radar has picked up a 100 android iPad killers. Goodbye iPad ? Me knows NO.

What closed eco system are you referring to ? Do you know what closed means, it appears you are spouting android slogans, just like good communists did in the past for the party.

You know what, I don't care who wins, look at one of my posts in this article and you may gather some knowledge and perhaps may begin to think a little more coherently.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    t2aft2af Posts: 44member
    Quote:

Apple is being a bully right now - leveraging their pile of cash and riding their 'first kid on the block' innovation. They just woke up every other tech company in the world - the collective minds of the rest of the planet.

The competition isn't going to stand still. The 'closed ecosystem' didn't win out last time... even thou it was vastly superior in every way... what makes you think it will this time?

Blowback - could be around the corner if Apple stays on their greedy path.

It's a pity you have nothing to say apart from sounding like some kid who was butt hurt by apple and getting all emotional about it now. I suggest to find somewhere more suitable to comment, where you aren't out of your league when it comes to construction discussion and drawing realistic comparisons, although playing the fool for the rest of us seems to work amazing well for you.

As for the graphs, the next few months will be interesting now there is more than 1 carrier with the iOS platform instead of 4 android / RIM. I can't see any way that Apple will hold the lions share with just one device vs many, but as long as they have enough app developers to promote the platform and profit then I'm sure that is all they are after.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Quote:

It's hard to interpret any of this data independently.

Hard to determine market share with a market that is growing/changing/fluctuating daily.

It's a safe bet that Androids near vertical growth isn't going to stop dead and level out tomorrow.

Now you know why Steve was trembling with rage regarding Google competing against them.

Job's got snowed again.

Uncanny the similarities from the 80's and now isn't it.

Google - they copied the Apple iOS, learnt from Apple (Steve was a mentor to the founders) and took the strategy from Apple (their earlier CEO was on their board). If you do not believe - check out the earlier Android version (the beta) which was a direct copy of RIM (Blackberry) OS and changed when the iPhone was released!

Innovation is Apple - the rest are copy cats!

This time people realize the copy is not good as the original even though cheap - BOGO (Buy One Get One) deals got Android to some place - but will soon have to resort to BNGO (Buy None Get One) deals for Android!

By the way, Apple sells 4-5% of smart-phones in the world which have close to 30% of the world's smartphone revenues (largest in the world) and over 50% of the overall profit (obviously highest again!)

Let them show some innovation in this space - and then we will see - my prediction is that Android and all the copy cats will fizzle out in 2-3 years - just watch.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bschawla View Post

Google - they copied the Apple iOS, learnt from Apple (Steve was a mentor to the founders) and took the strategy from Apple (their earlier CEO was on their board). If you do not believe - check out the earlier Android version (the beta) which was a direct copy of RIM (Blackberry) OS and changed when the iPhone was released!

Innovation is Apple - the rest are copy cats!

This time people realize the copy is not good as the original even though cheap - BOGO (Buy One Get One) deals got Android to some place - but will soon have to resort to BNGO (Buy None Get One) deals for Android!

By the way, Apple sells 4-5% of smart-phones in the world which have close to 30% of the world's smartphone revenues (largest in the world) and over 50% of the overall profit (obviously highest again!)

Let them show some innovation in this space - and then we will see - my prediction is that Android and all the copy cats will fizzle out in 2-3 years - just watch.

Wow, new people show up to tell us what we already known for years, albeit misguided and oversimplified information.

You don't have to astroturf on an apple web forum.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 26 of 33
    deleted
  • Reply 27 of 33
    deleted
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aeolian View Post

Really?...

Whites are the new minority...

Technically, whites have always been a minority. Most earthlings are not white.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    HP needs to hurry up and show the world what web OS can do. That OS is VERY capable, and poor leadership is to blame for it not being adopted as much has Android as been. Android is getting better and all, but it's market share is obviously largely the result of cheap phones.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    I think iPhone will get a bigger boost out of a personal hotspot feature then the introduction of iPhone 4. It should have been on an iPhone from the start to tell you the truth, especially since ATT allows voice and data at the same time.

Other then this Android really doesn't have much on iPhone. Physical keyboards are a preference at maybe 50-50. Flash is still not quite there, but getting much better. Apps on iPhone are still better then counterparts on android. Even the prices are matched up right now on the low and high ends.

The only thing apple can do to screw up is content deals. Kindle needs to remain on the app store, as should as many content providers as possible. Apple can't strong arm everyone like they did in iPod days, market share is simply not as large as it was in those days.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post

Are you for real ?

What do you mean by excellent value for money ? This statement can mean anything.

So you paid $150 and happy for the crappy experience ? Is that it ?

You use it more than the iPad, why ? What does it do better ?

Please enlighten us.

I love probing posters when they make comments that are purely their opinion, and holds no ground to logic.

I love posters like you that have an inferiority complex. You know a guy that gets all worked up over internet threads. The other person way giving his own personal opinion it doesn't require him to prove shit to you. Get a life.

The iPad is a toy, I use it everyday its still a toy.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bschawla View Post

[snip] my prediction is that Android and all the copy cats will fizzle out in 2-3 years - just watch.

You know, I remember reading posts like this, oh...2 - 3 years ago. Interesting where things stand currently...
  • Reply 33 of 33
    os2babaos2baba Posts: 262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post

Are you for real ?

What do you mean by excellent value for money ? This statement can mean anything.

So you paid $150 and happy for the crappy experience ? Is that it ?

You use it more than the iPad, why ? What does it do better ?

Please enlighten us.

I love probing posters when they make comments that are purely their opinion, and holds no ground to logic.

Why is the experience crappy? It's running Windows 7. I added another GB of RAM. It's light, mobile, has a great battery life and most importantly for me has an excellent keyboard. I can not only consume, I can create on the netbook without doing unnatural things.

I bought the iPad for just one purpose really. I thought it will work great for taking it when I go on trips to view my photos at the end of the day (amateur not pro photographer). I was not happy that I had to spend $30 to buy an external device to hook up my camera. But I paid the Apple tax. The dongle doesn't work on the iPod Touch BTW. The photos were transferred and the gallery app on the iPad is excellent for viewing photos. Then I took another set of photos and I tried to create another album. Whoa! No way to create one. I googled disbelievingly. But there it was. To create albums, I had to hook up the iPad to a computer. Transfer all the photos, create albums on the computer and then sync back on the iPad. Super! The iPad pretty much sat on my shelf for 2-3 months. I found that after the first week or so, I was barely motivated to use it. I used my iPod Touch for music and my Vibrant for everything else.

I now take my netbook with me when I go out on vacations. Not to say that the iPad would not be a decent device for some things - certainly better to browse on a bigger screen than on my phone, but not much better than on my netbook. Just not worth the price. And it has nothing to do with just the iPad. I looked at the Samsung Tab as well since I really like Android these days. But I have the same problem with the Tab. Too expensive for what it does.