Verizon customers can preorder iPhone 4 on Thurs., Apple confirms

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jvmxtra View Post

REally want to know

1)will white iphone be available ? if not tonight when?

2)will one year plan be available? if so, what will be the price?

I really want to order but only if one year plan is available...

The plan is a 2 year for a subsidized price on the iPhone, which is industry standard. Of course, you can spend more than the $199 for the 16GB & $299 for the 32MB and not have a plan at all, but it is not worth the extra hundreds of dollars if you ask me.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kuth View Post

I hope I don't sound ignorant, but does anyone know when can I have this phone in my hand?

If I pre-order on the 3rd (at 3 freakin AM!!!) then when will I get it? Can I drive to a store to pick it up? If it can only be shipped, do I get it in a week in which case i should have just waited until the 10th like the rest of the world.

It's not an ignorant question at all!

Their standard for online ordering of other smart phones is overnight shipping for orders placed by 4:30pm. That said, I don't know if this applies to the iPhone. I would expect that we will receive them before the 10th, and can't imagine that they would default to in-store pickup. How would they begin to deal with all the pre-order folks coming in to a store- having preferential treatment over other customers as they've already outlined? I'm fairly certain that they plan to ship these phones, at the very least for crowd control reasons at their stores next week.

Verizon stated today that pre-orders placed by eligible Verizon customers on Feb. 3 will have the iPhones shipped to them, with receipt either prior to the 10th .
  • Reply 23 of 28
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sicjoy View Post

Apologize, but what thank you ad?

There's an ad out where Verizon says thank you to all the customers who waited for the iphone. It's very cheesy.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mahrer96 View Post

The plan is a 2 year for a subsidized price on the iPhone, which is industry standard. Of course, you can spend more than the $199 for the 16GB & $299 for the 32MB and not have a plan at all, but it is not worth the extra hundreds of dollars if you ask me.

I am trying to have 1 year plan. Not 2 year and not "no plan at all"...

Doesn't anyone else in here wonder about the samething?

If I can just pay $99 bucks to get 1 year plan, I will gladly pay that and get one year plan...
  • Reply 25 of 28
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:

If I can just pay $99 bucks to get 1 year plan, I will gladly pay that and get one year plan...

You'll probably have to go to a Verizon store. I doubt they'd do it for just $99. The unsubsidized price of an iPhone is in the $500+ range. The cost of smart phones is such that carriers have started with a $375 figure as a baseline early termination fee, which is prorated, so the ETF goes down proportionately as the months wind down. You'd have to pay half that if you cancel at one year. Any particular reason for the one year contract?
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:

So you want to pay half the subsidized price of $199 for the 16GB iPhone, AND cut the two year plan down to one year? That is a fantasy at best. Given that the industry standard for heavily subsidized phones like the iPhone is a two year plan, I don't think you stand a chance in seeing that happen. A two year plan helps the phone company recoup their costs. You know that the 16GB iPhone costs around $600, right?
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

You'll probably have to go to a Verizon store. I doubt they'd do it for just $99. The unsubsidized price of an iPhone is in the $500+ range. The cost of smart phones is such that carriers have started with a $375 figure as a baseline early termination fee, which is prorated, so the ETF goes down proportionately as the months wind down. You'd have to pay half that if you cancel at one year. Any particular reason for the one year contract?

So that I can have more choice next year and not be stuck w/ iphone 4 while everyone have iphone 6... and I thought they do this for all smart phone.. ??
  • Reply 28 of 28
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mahrer96 View Post

So you want to pay half the subsidized price of $199 for the 16GB iPhone, AND cut the two year plan down to one year? That is a fantasy at best.

I'm pretty sure what was meant was an _extra_ $99 for one year over a two year. Contracts like that were available five years ago, but they went away. I think people just opted for two years because the up-front costs were lower.

Quote:

So that I can have more choice next year and not be stuck w/ iphone 4 while everyone have iphone 6... and I thought they do this for all smart phone.. ??

Not that I've heard about. AT&T did do a deal with some customers to get the next iPhone, but I wouldn't count on it happening again.