AT&T, Verizon fighting for iPhone 4 users in new ads

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HahaHaha321 View Post

That AT&T commercial did nothing but demonstrate what a hassle and how rude it is to surf the internet while talking to someone else. Plus he didn't even get the reservation in at the end! Is AT&T desperate or what? That commercial was probably done in a half an hour. Totally unoriginal and cliched.

Take some hints from Verizon, AT&T. Their commercials were epic. The Verizon guy finally said the words we've all been waiting to hear: "I can hear you now." There's no topping that. Plus, Verizon customers can always connect to a WiFi network while talking, so there is a way to get around the Verizon setback. http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/...n-iphone-rule/ It just seems to me like AT&T has nothing better to advertise, so they are resorting to that.

think you nailed it for being done in a half and hour. Every at&t ad I've ever seen...has this weird disconnect to it. Like last year when they hired that weirdo actor to be their spokesman. Those ads where horrible....and only suggested having the iphone, though you notice there was never any photots of the iphone, it was always in the end it's really an ad for the samsung redundent or some crap device.. yet the ad would say... at&t has "the most APPS". Wtf was that about?

They lost him & now are sending old mailer's advising iphone users not to switch...The biggest readmission of guilt I've seen them do yet....

I won't matter for Verizon if this is really an issue...their first 4g phones will be launching in three weeks that supports data-voiceover transfer. You can already make VOIP calls on their network anyways...not exclusive to only wi-fi. The next CDMA upgrade will permit this as well. I agree wholeheartly. Make a decent ad & stop saying that your awesome in 97% of the population. Everyone knows how important Verizon is compared to them. Make an ad about partying like it's 2007. Call it "Sweet memory's"!
  • Reply 22 of 27
    mennomenno Posts: 854member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

THAT'S FOR ALL YOU PENDING SWITCHERS OUT THERE.....

I knew about simultaneous talking and surfing, and that is the main reason why I am not switching. I have 6 phones on my accounts with AT&T, 3 of which are iPhones. I am self-employed, so I use my iPhone like crazy. I can talk, text navigate, search almost instantly. Why will I switch to something that wouldn't allow me to do that.

I love my iPhone, and I like my service with AT&T. It will get better some day, but I am not sacrificing my convenience for a small problem.

Verizon lets you Talk Text and navigate at once (at least with android's with Gmap 5.1 or higher), you will be able to with iphone apps that have maps on your device.

So the only thing you won't be able to do is look things up, unless you have a wifi connection, which you'll have in your home (if you're self employed and don't have this, you're shooting yourself in the foot), at any coffee shop, most restaurants, airports, hotels, etc.

Yes, it is something you're giving up, and if ATT offers good reception where you live and work, then it's not worth giving up.

But think of a customer who does have signal issues and dropped call issues. What's more important for them (especially if they use their phone for business) ? Being able to look up some store while on hold with a company, or getting that important phone call that gives them a lead with a client?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

Steve Jobs has two whores fighting over his "HARDWARE"... Steve is a GOD!

Then are we Steve's Bastard children?!
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Then are we Steve's Bastard children?!

Yep. Steve is Zeus. And we are Perseus, Heracles, Helen, etc.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    No doubt the Superbowl will be bombarded with AT&T and Verizon iPhone ads. Can't wait.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HahaHaha321 View Post

No doubt the Superbowl will be bombarded with AT&T and Verizon iPhone ads. Can't wait.

AT&T have the leg up there. They have their logo plastered all over the big screen, and they have a wifi hotspot at the stadium too.

As far as TV ads, I doubt we'll see any. At $3million a pop, they don't need to spend ad money that much to sell the hottest device out there.